krank rev jr

Hahahahahaha

I will say that, IMO, the Krank would not be a good choice as your only amp. If you have something to blend with it, then I would say go for the Rev Jr. However, if you are getting it to be your only amp, I would say the 530. I've mentioned before that Kranks, to me, just can't be used by themselves, at least for my preference in tone, and they need to be blended in with something else.

~006

Hahahahahaha

I will say that, IMO, the Krank would not be a good choice as your only amp. If you have something to blend with it, then I would say go for the Rev Jr. However, if you are getting it to be your only amp, I would say the 530. I've mentioned before that Kranks, to me, just can't be used by themselves, at least for my preference in tone, and they need to be blended in with something else.

~006

Well I have a JSX, so I wouldn't have to worry about having a bitchin' amp to blend it with - I'm leaning towards the Rev, but the small size and rackmountability of the e530 means I could easily use it live with my Hafler Power Amp too, which would be cool...

Ohhh yeah, forgot you had a JSX man. I think the JSX and a Krank Rev or Rev Jr blended would be killer. But, as you said, the 530 would be a little more favorable in your situation. Plus the 530 wouldn't be bad blended in either :)

~006

Haha, you see my dilemma. And what's that Rev Jr. Pro for $50 more with a shit-ton more knobs!? Looks like it has a dedicated clean (excuse me, Kleen :rolleyes: ) channel, but we all know how simply adding a channel can have an affect on the overall tone (Rectifiers anyone?). Godammit, more decisions...

Yeah the Rev Jr. Pro is suppose to be like the Rev1+ in gain structure, as in a little gainier, kinda like with the 5150 and 5150II. I still haven't heard clips of the Rev1+ or the Jr. Pro, so I don't know if I want it or the original Jr. But, I agree with you on the knob factor. Now the kleen channel has more tonal possibilities on the amp itself insead of having to rely on an EQ pedal in the loop.

~006

tbh id only be wanting to get the krank for the distorted tones anyway. ill be getting the orange for cleaner tones live. or even still, ill stick to my peavey for live stuff, and stick with the krank in the studio. hmm next pay check.. deffo a krank rev jr me thinks

Yeah, my thinking is that I can't think of any amp that has considered to be improved with the adding of channels/features (Rectifier, JCM800, 5150) - if anything, people say they're equal, but most of what I read say that the older, simpler version sounds better. Pretty lame reasoning, I admit, but it's all I have to work with right now! I may get the Pro in case I do want to use it live at a small gig, though...

Yeah the clean channel sucks in the fact that you can't adjust any eq and it's not footswitchable. However I run an ABY to a Peavey Bravo for my clean channel which gets pristine cleans...... I don't gig though so that's pretty irrelevant to what you guys are debating. :lol:

I just realized you two (MetalJonesy and Metaltastic) have Mark/Marcus as your name. Weird.

:lol:

~006

Damn I didn't check my mail last night! I know what I'm doing when I get home from work though :)

~006

Through the KranK cab, I only needed the sweep at about 6 (very bright speaker) but with V30's I turn it up about 3/4's of the way. It also gets very boomy without the sweep turned way up. Basically, I use it like a presence knob.

I'm loving the sound of that. I think I need an SD-1.
I just got my Rev. Jr. today.
I'm running

Hellraiser C-1 (EMG 81) > POD XT > Rev. Jr > Carvin 2x12/Krank 1x12

I'm experimenting with the POD both pre and in the effects loop, but I'm going to sell it and get something
with true bypass. Can anyone recommend a great pedal for this amp?