Krank Rev Jr. with 50Watts and question about Kranks Chadwick

JoeJackson

Oct 9, 2007
Germany
I've just browsed around and I came across that:

"The Rev Jr. Pro 50 is newest in Krank’s Jr. Series of small but powerful lower wattage tube amplifiers. Expanding on the original Rev Jr., The versatile 50W version is footswitchable and has the added features of treble and bass controls on the Kleen channel. The Rev Jr. Pro’s circuit is very similar to the 120W Rev + in design and offers the same raging high gain sounds it’s big brother delivers! Features include a 3-band eq, parametric mid-sweep, gain, separate volumes for Krank and Kleen channel, “Boost” button for more drive, active effects loop, ohm selector and voltage selector for worldwide use."

Then I came across the Chadwick again. What makes that amp interesting to me is the fact, that it's a british-voiced amp. Unfortunately I can't find any sound-samples. Has someone here had the chance to try one?

They're having samples of the Chadwick on their website http://www.krankamps.com under "sounds & media"...

As far as the 50 Watts Rev jr pro goes: Well it's a nice addition to the line if you're planning on using it live more often and you need the headroom. But seriously, it would have defeated the purpose for me, because I wanted to have a lower wattage amp that would open up on lower volumes.

Gigged a bigger club with the 20 Watts model last weekend and I had the volume not even halfway up. I'm even considering playing the Euroblast festival this month with the Rev jr pro instead of my Fireball.

Sweet, so live it had no probs? What I expected ;)

Just jamming on it in my space barely even turned up it's loud as shit man. Through the Mesa 4x12 it's just killer. I really need to start recording some shit with it!

~006

into a regular 4x12?

Yup. Regular 4x12 Marshall 1960 (maybe even Greenback-loaded, can't remember..)

Sweet, so live it had no probs? What I expected ;)

Just jamming on it in my space barely even turned up it's loud as shit man. Through the Mesa 4x12 it's just killer. I really need to start recording some shit with it!

~006

Worked like a charm. It's also less noisy than my Engl (which I still love), so I left my NS-2 at home.

One thing that really surprised me about the Rev jr was, how amazingly brilliant the "Kleen"-Channel sounds.

One thing they could have made better, is the location of the Boost switch though. It's at the back of the amp (like the presence knob - but that's ok) and not foot switchable afaik... otherwise it would have been nice to boost leads/solos.

Awesome little thingy.

I think the Jr. Pro has footswitchable FX, but I'd have to look to make sure. It may just be channel switching.

It is pretty quiet indeed, live I would use my NS-2 in the loop anyway personally but it's just out of habit :p

~006

Well, the included footswitch is only for channel switching. Gotta try it with a stereo switch... But I doubt it, though.

But that's not that big of a deal, considering the amount of win this thing offers for it's size.

Yup. Regular 4x12 Marshall 1960 (maybe even Greenback-loaded, can't remember..)

thanks pal, I will definitely try it asap. looks like a cool easy-to-transport option for home / reh. place / gigging. less pain in the ass than a JCM800 [weight, voltage, retubing, flight-case, bla-bla] and more fun than POD X3live [nice but lifeless] ;-)

affordable prices here in Europe on deutsch mail orders, even with the stack and mini-stack 1x12's. added on the GAS list.

Oh man, my Mesa oversized 4x12 doesn't look nearly as bad when I see that it's only the Rev Jr. on top that I have to move with it :lol:

Well, I'm playing a dual-amp-setup live and I HATE to carry two amps with me on every gig. Two of that fuckers, differently voiced, would be awesome :D

About the Chadwick: All the samples on the Krank-site is bluesy stuff and I don't want that thing to play blues :D
I know that it's capable of more heavy stuff - there are clips on youtube of two guitarplayers where one plays the Chadwick and the other plays the Rev.