Krank Rev Jr. Question

Fuentealba

Hyperblaster
Sep 26, 2006
Santiago, Chile
I got a Krank Rev Jr Full Stack and I need to know how much ohms does it take to have the two cabinets connected , It says 16ohms parallel and that confuses me.

Right now, the switch is on 16ohms, but I was reading the manual and it says that should be on 8 ohms.

Please help

thanks buddies!

When running to cabs, your amplifier (head) needs to be set at half the resistance of the combined ohmage of the speakers attached. for 2x 16ohm cabs, your head must be set to 8ohm to power them correctly.

1/(1/16+1/16)=8 ohms. Two 16-Ohm speakers wired in parallel will yield a
total load of 8 Ohms. Setting the resistance to 16 on the amp head will not allow enough current to flow to the speakers causing windings to heat up and possibly open, ruining your speakers. :headbang:

Wait, wouldn't setting the resistance to 16 on the amp plugging into an 8-ohm load let too much current through, not too little? Cuz it's putting out more power to compensate for the higher load?

I could be wrong but current (like water) travels the path of least resistance. Ohms are resistance and resistance creates heat. Your overall current always stays constant but with more resistance its like sending a golf ball through a garden hose.