Cacophony

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
After picking up 2 of the albums by these guy All I can Say is I'm impressed if they were to release SpeedMetal Symphony right now I think it would be a smash with the Power/prog/thrash crowd awsome stuff has anybody else listened to this Awsome Band .... and What ever Happened to Jason Becker?

JonnyD said:
After picking up 2 of the albums by these guy All I can Say is I'm impressed if they were to release SpeedMetal Symphony right now I think it would be a smash with the Power/prog/thrash crowd awsome stuff has anybody else listened to this Awsome Band .... and What ever Happened to Jason Becker?
Sadly Becker has ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), a muscle-crippling condition which makes it impossible for him to move, except for a few fingers maybe.

He lives in a wheelchair and has a tube through his abdomen to feed himself and another one through his throat to breathe... :(

Despite this terrible condition he managed to release solo albums played by other musicians, composed by Jason with a system created by his father. Sorry I can't explain it more accurately, since my english is too limited for that, you can find more about Jason here :
http://www.jasonbecker.com/

It's the David Lee Roth curse, Becker was in DLR's band & gets this awful disease, then there was the other guy, forget his name, played on the DLR Band disc, guy died of cancer I think, Eddie Van Halen gets cancer, I think the only guitarist Roth has had that hasn't come down with something is Steve Vai!
I Loved Friedman's Dragon's Kiss that's one hell of a record. I'm gonna look for that on disc, I had the cassette many moons ago. I also like his "scenes" disc.
I haven't heard his latest.

JonnyD said:
That sucks but its good to see him doing things and not letting it bring him down he is a real Champ!
Yes I find it amazing that he still considers himself "happy" (read his words on the wdbsite), and he's still alive contrary to what doctors predicted 10 years ago!
Now he can move a little bit more than what it used to be in the past, maybe he will heal at least partially one day?

Fangface said:
Yes I find it amazing that he still considers himself "happy" (read his words on the wdbsite), and he's still alive contrary to what doctors predicted 10 years ago!
Now he can move a little bit more than what it used to be in the past, maybe he will heal at least partially one day?

it is amazing he truely is an inspirational person to have and still be going through all of that and have the outlook he has .... he is a true guitar hero in the purist form .... I Tip my hat to Jason Becker :headbang:

me too.to go through all that and still have a good outlook is amazing.the guy is phenominal.
its wierd,i wondered what happened to him because i've not heard much about him for years.i brought speed metal symphony when it came out and loved the guitar playing they did on it-didnt go to much on the vocalist though,but i guess on an album like that he's not the important one eh?!

baldyboy said:
me too.to go through all that and still have a good outlook is amazing.the guy is phenominal.
its wierd,i wondered what happened to him because i've not heard much about him for years.i brought speed metal symphony when it came out and loved the guitar playing they did on it-didnt go to much on the vocalist though,but i guess on an album like that he's not the important one eh?!

I just discovered him like 2 weeks ago and then ol Fang posted that which I'm glad he did but it blew me away .... I'm gonna track down the record he made a couple of years back I'm really curious to hear what he can do in this shape its facinating and inspirational

To go back to Cacophony I like the first one better than Go Off, though they're both great records with very catchy and not-so-much-demonstrative shredding.

That Friedman/Becker duet was out of this world :worship:

Fangface said:
To go back to Cacophony I like the first one better than Go Off, though they're both great records with very catchy and not-so-much-demonstrative shredding.

That Friedman/Becker duet was out of this world :worship:

I actually still havnt gotten to "Go Off" Yet I'v been Jammin to "Speed Metal Symphony the whole time lol Just an awsome record!

Friedman and Becker absolutely rock, 2 of my favourite guitarists of all time. First time i heard Friedman was on Megadeth "Rust in Pieces" and he just blew me away!!! Friedman got me into Becker......the 2 complimented each other so well in Cacophony...both with a similar style but with Becker (in my opinion) being technically better and with Friedman having "feeling" edge. Whilst Friedman has not really produced anything since thats to the standard of Dragons Kiss and Scenes (again, just my opinion) and Becker unfortunately having that tradegy, these 2 guys have made some beautiful music!!!!

Anyone unfamiliar with these 2 , I'd seriously recommend getting hold of the following solo stuff by them:

Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn (check out "Altitudes" - mind blowing fret work and one of the most damn sexy tracks I've ever heard)

Marty Friedman - Dragons Kiss ("Saturation Point" is one big mutha shredding track, Becker joins in for some serious workout action)

Marty Friedman - Scenes (mellow album, really appreciate this one :Smokin: . Defining moment as to why Friedman has been a musical influence for me has to be "Valley of Eternity" 6.19m into the song and he just lets rip with probably my favourite solo of all time........brings a tear to me eye just thinking about it :erk:

Anyway enuff me being a big girls blouse..........wheres me beer and cake??????? o_O

panicbass said:
Friedman and Becker absolutely rock, 2 of my favourite guitarists of all time. First time i heard Friedman was on Megadeth "Rust in Pieces" and he just blew me away!!! Friedman got me into Becker......the 2 complimented each other so well in Cacophony...both with a similar style but with Becker (in my opinion) being technically better and with Friedman having "feeling" edge. Whilst Friedman has not really produced anything since thats to the standard of Dragons Kiss and Scenes (again, just my opinion) and Becker unfortunately having that tradegy, these 2 guys have made some beautiful music!!!!

Anyone unfamiliar with these 2 , I'd seriously recommend getting hold of the following solo stuff by them:

Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn (check out "Altitudes" - mind blowing fret work and one of the most damn sexy tracks I've ever heard)

Marty Friedman - Dragons Kiss ("Saturation Point" is one big mutha shredding track, Becker joins in for some serious workout action)

Marty Friedman - Scenes (mellow album, really appreciate this one :Smokin: . Defining moment as to why Friedman has been a musical influence for me has to be "Valley of Eternity" 6.19m into the song and he just lets rip with probably my favourite solo of all time........brings a tear to me eye just thinking about it :erk:

Anyway enuff me being a big girls blouse..........wheres me beer and cake??????? o_O

Welll hahahaha youve givin me plenty to respond to here lol

I will check out the Becker and Friedman Albums when I Get a chance ... a couple of months at the most lol .... But I do have Dragons Kiss I have had it for about a year but I didnt know that it was an 80's album untill about 2 weeks ago when I got the original of it ....... Dragons Kiss is a very contempory album .... the fucker could release it right now and it would be huge in the metal world....... As for Becker I have been Listening to S.M.S the most as I mentioned Before .... and one thing I can say is When A Becker tune comes on you know it Imediatly .... :) What Kind of Cake? the Cake your gonna Make for me When Panic Cell tours the states? :D