Caggiano sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozy157

Insert cheesy quote here
Oct 23, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
Ok, I'm usually somewhat reserved in my opinions here and I haven't posted in 6-9 months or so, but what the hell is Scott smoking when he says Caggiano is the one of the "...best guitar players he's ever played with..."? I mean, he slaughters all the old solos and his new stuff is nothing to write home about. Paul Crook or Spitz (or even Charlie) can play leads around that guy all night long.

That being said, I do dig the new Kim Thayil look, and his stage presence is great.

Have you ever seen him play live?

Dan Spitz is the man!!!!! Rob is a great guitarist.... He added to what Dan did and made it BETTER.....

Ok, I'm usually somewhat reserved in my opinions here and I haven't posted in 6-9 months or so, but what the hell is Scott smoking when he says Caggiano is the one of the "...best guitar players he's ever played with..."? I mean, he slaughters all the old solos and his new stuff is nothing to write home about. Paul Crook or Spitz (or even Charlie) can play leads around that guy all night long.

That being said, I do dig the new Kim Thayil look, and his stage presence is great.

oh man!!!! you right!!! ROB CAGGIANO SUPER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK DAN SPITZ OR PAUL CROOK,!!!!!!!!

CAGGIANO'S SOLOS SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Caggiano does anything but suck. He does a lot of improvisation during the solos. He doesn't play the same thing the same way twice. Who wants to hear the solos played the same way time after time?

I love Rob's playing, he's a great player and producer, and he had the most entertaining segment on MOMD. I also met him at Downtown Disney when they played the HOB, VERY nice guy.

Wow Roxy,

I normaly don't post anything on these stupid forums but after reading your statement that Rob sucks .. I couldn't help but to say something, Question: Do you even play guitar? I'd probably guess that you don't cause your statement is retarded. I've been playin guitar for 20 years and let me tell you something... Rob is awesome... end of story. I'm not saying he's a Paul Gilbert type player or something like that but he style is something that CAN NOT BE TAUGHT - hence.. he's awesome. He is very smooth, quick, and doesn't hit alot of sour notes.... unlike Mr. Spitz shitty no heart, no soul, solos (now, that a funny statement for me to make cause growing up I thought Spitz was awesome lol).... and Charlie can play solos around Rob?? Do you know Charlie? Or did you just read something about him playing guitar on a fan website or something? lmao

Here is how it goes as far as Anthrax guitar players go......

1. Paul Crook
2. Rob C
3. ..... last place... Spitz. Sorry Danny boy, I just don't drink your Cool-Aid anymore

Looking forward to the new Anthrax record. oh.. and John Bush was the best singer they ever had. End of Story.

Go Celtics!

and Charlie can play solos around Rob?? Do you know Charlie? Or did you just read something about him playing guitar on a fan website or something? lmao!

Well, I disagree with the creator of the thread - I think Rob is great, and he has the best TONE out of all the others too, which is a big plus.

Charlie IS A great guitarist, by the way. He wrote the majority of the last 3 records and even plays guitar on most, if not every track.

Rob is probably a better guitarist than spitz, but i prefer spitz's work. Spitz's solos were very original, where as cagianos sound like those being churned out by any number of guitarists these days. Maybe it was just the time of writing... i dunno.

Not taking anything away from rob though, by rejoining after the reunion he pretty well kept Anthrax alive :headbang:

i gotta say i prefer rob i've been playin for like 5/6 yrs aswell but i've always liked robs style better than dans stuff with all the belladonna era stuff which i heard first i was never really into the solos they worked n everything but they just werent very memorable though i really like madhouse n indians n pretty much everything on sown is ace only is a big fave but robbs work on greater of two evils brings alot more 'life' to the stuff i think like be all end all sounds so much better n i like the whole lots of improve dont always do the same solo approach but i dont think robbs really written that many memorable solos either haha just makes all the older ones sound better but to me guitar solos have been one of the things with anthrax i've never been that into compared to the riffs the drummin and john bush's awesome fuckin voice haha

Wow Roxy,

I normaly don't post anything on these stupid forums but after reading your statement that Rob sucks .. I couldn't help but to say something, Question: Do you even play guitar? I'd probably guess that you don't cause your statement is retarded. I've been playin guitar for 20 years and let me tell you something... Rob is awesome... end of story. I'm not saying he's a Paul Gilbert type player or something like that but he style is something that CAN NOT BE TAUGHT - hence.. he's awesome. He is very smooth, quick, and doesn't hit alot of sour notes.... unlike Mr. Spitz shitty no heart, no soul, solos (now, that a funny statement for me to make cause growing up I thought Spitz was awesome lol).... and Charlie can play solos around Rob?? Do you know Charlie? Or did you just read something about him playing guitar on a fan website or something? lmao

1. Paul Crook
2. Rob C
3. ..... last place... Spitz. Sorry Danny boy, I just don't drink your Cool-Aid anymore

Looking forward to the new Anthrax record. oh.. and John Bush was the best singer they ever had. End of Story.

Go Celtics!

"Do you even play guitar?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YES BRO I play guitar for 17 years and tell you something: ROB CAGGIANO'S SOLOS SUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

period.:rolleyes:

Caggiano does anything but suck. He does a lot of improvisation during the solos. He doesn't play the same thing the same way twice. Who wants to hear the solos played the same way time after time?

Improv is great is you are good at it. He's hasn't impressed me much. I like hearing solos that are at least "close" to what they originally sounded like. They are part of the song! Why not change the words, drop the solos, and rearrange the songs too? Given a chance to really lay some stuff down on record, he may be better, but I really don't like what I've heard him play live.

Sorry!

Wow Roxy,

1. Paul Crook
2. Rob C

Go Celtics!

Sorry to burst your bubble chief, but I've been playing guitar for about 15 years and have played live, so I have a pretty good foundation to base my opinion on. He stuff lacks melody and sounds like a bunch of hacked together notes. He usually play the first 3 or 4 bars of the solo then goes off into la-la land. I for one thought Spitz' work was pretty decent overall. Not the best, but when he nailed it, he nailed it. The Keep it in the Family and In My World solos are two examples. My opinion of Charlie's playing comes from the fact that he has laid down at least half of the solos on record since the Stomp442 record and just happens to have written most of the songs since about 1985.

Thanks for playing.

One more thing: If you read my original message I gave him props for his stage presence. I think his attitude is great, he's got a good ear for producing, and is great for the band. I'm just not a fan of the solos. Sorry.

And to respond to another comment, he does have good tone. As good or better than Scott's on the MOMD CD which surprised me. Then again, I really liked Scott's tone best when he was playing through the Marshalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.