Caggiano sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rob's solos dont re-invent the wheel. What do you expect? The re-invention of the wheel? If you ask me (and you do) you should do something you shouldve done a loooooooong time agoooooooo...

Holy shit, I walk away from the computer for about a week and all the assbags come out and play!

Ya know I gotta agree with the original post. Quite frankly I always thought Caggiano sucked as well. Since it's unrealistic to think Spitz will ever come back, I think Paul Crook is a much better fit for the band.

Aw, you guys are nuts.

Cag is a badass player and a great producer.
So what if he likes to mix it up live?

He's not in a freaking 'Thrax cover band.

Spitz was great, of course, but he's not part of the band now.

Cag brings a ton of awesomeness to the table, so give him a break.

I've been playing guitar for 20 years, and Cag owns - he's not McLaughlin, but he's great in Anthrax.

>> BUT how about that guy MegaDave got, Chris Broderick?
Holy lord, what a monster!

-DOOSH

hey man everyone is entitled to their own on what they like and don't like

as far as playing the solos and all that shit exact to the record?? Well... I say its fun to fuck around and make up something else, have you ever taken in consideration that these songs have been played for years and years, or listened to for years and years, dude, at the end of the day its just fun to dick around with stuff,

also, if your going to make that statment, then I hope you don't like hearing Madhouse live (because they don't do the intro the same); and I hope you don't like Antisocial (cause Charlie changes the beat up after the solo section); and I hope you don't like Caught in A Mosh (because they don't hold the into as long or play it as the same tempo as the recording).... do you see my point here? Playing music is about having fun as well, for for the band as for the fans.

Why are we even talking about this shit? lol; does it really matter??

Oh, and the Charlie thing.... Listen, I like Charlie he's very nice to me and all that good shit... but you put that he is an awesome guitar player BECAUSE HE WRITES SONGS.... excuess me but what the hell does that have to do with playing that actual guitar???? Its more like he's a great SONG WRITER.......

Writing and playing.... two totally different things.... also, are we talking solos? Rythm? or what? Cause its important to know. Again, being able to write songs on guitar means your a good song writer.

Lastly (only cause I'm having fun with this and I'm hoping to open some of your eyes)

Dan Spitz solos on P.O.T. where... in a nutshell.... horrible. In fact, some of them he ripped himself off from solos that you can hear if you listen prior records. Among and Spreading he was at his best. After that, there is nothing to his solos other then speed picking, now if your into that he's awesome, but I like to hear some feeling in the solos I hear... like Dime Bag.....

PS. New M.O.D. Tour Dates posted get out and see a show, you never know when a member of Anthrax might show up now-a-days!:headbang:

hey man everyone is entitled to their own on what they like and don't like

as far as playing the solos and all that shit exact to the record?? Well... I say its fun to fuck around and make up something else, have you ever taken in consideration that these songs have been played for years and years, or listened to for years and years, dude, at the end of the day its just fun to dick around with stuff,

also, if your going to make that statment, then I hope you don't like hearing Madhouse live (because they don't do the intro the same); and I hope you don't like Antisocial (cause Charlie changes the beat up after the solo section); and I hope you don't like Caught in A Mosh (because they don't hold the into as long or play it as the same tempo as the recording).... do you see my point here? Playing music is about having fun as well, for for the band as for the fans.

Why are we even talking about this shit? lol; does it really matter??

Oh, and the Charlie thing.... Listen, I like Charlie he's very nice to me and all that good shit... but you put that he is an awesome guitar player BECAUSE HE WRITES SONGS.... excuess me but what the hell does that have to do with playing that actual guitar???? Its more like he's a great SONG WRITER.......

Writing and playing.... two totally different things.... also, are we talking solos? Rythm? or what? Cause its important to know. Again, being able to write songs on guitar means your a good song writer.

Lastly (only cause I'm having fun with this and I'm hoping to open some of your eyes)

Dan Spitz solos on P.O.T. where... in a nutshell.... horrible. In fact, some of them he ripped himself off from solos that you can hear if you listen prior records. Among and Spreading he was at his best. After that, there is nothing to his solos other then speed picking, now if your into that he's awesome, but I like to hear some feeling in the solos I hear... like Dime Bag.....

PS. New M.O.D. Tour Dates posted get out and see a show, you never know when a member of Anthrax might show up now-a-days!:headbang:

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Rob Caggiano is 10000 times a better guitar player than Spitz! Just because he doesn't play the leads EXACTLY like the record is no reason to discredit his playing. Anyone with half a brain and an ear for music would listen to Rob and realize he CAN obviously play the old leads note for note (probably with one hand) but he chooses not to. He is by far the most exciting guitar player this band ever had as well. To be honest, some of those old Spitz leads are fucking terrible and they all sound exactly the same to me! It's like "pick an egyptian scale and widdle around" I wouldn't want to play them note for note either! If you would take away all the gimmicky effects and harmonizer bullshit, Spitz would sound like a joke. I think Rob's solos on WCFYA are some of the most memorable guitar moments this band ever had actually and it sounds like he's just plugged straight into his amp. I also just saw Anthrax play with Maiden.........ROB FUCKING RIPS!!! The End

Personally i have no complaints about Rob's playing i think he does a very decent job as did Spitz, but neither of them are in the Marty Friedman / Dimebag League.

If we want to talk about toss guitarist's i'll get the ball rolling with two names..

C.C. Deville
Mick Marrs

Before asked, i do play guitar for 16 years now. Being in a popular band doesn't make you "great"..

Matty..:kickass:

I do happen to think Rob Caggiano is in that league of players for sure! He is a sick guitar player! I've been playing guitar for 12 years myself. Marty Friedman is definitely one of my favorite guitar players of all time (even more so than Dime) but I think if you put Marty in a room with Rob and Spitz it would be very interesting to say the least and I'm sure the name Spitz wouldn't never be brought up again after that! lol It just seems that Anthrax is such an unstable mess these days with labels. line-ups, reunions etc.....that it would be impossible for any new guy to get the recognition and respect he deserves. I was excited about hearing a new Anthrax record with Dan and Rob after seeing them at Irvine because they were amazing but now I'm hearing that Frank is out of the band too? How the hell do these guys expect to continue their careers when it's surrounded by all this immature drama? If Frank is really out then I think Rob and Dan should do their own band and ditch this soap opera!

thank you thank you thank you thank you!.. ... lol

:worship:

Yo,
What is this shit that I hear that Frank is out of the band now? HUH? Geez I go to Boston to see a parade for my Celtics and I come back to a phone call telling me that Frank is out of the band and Joey Vera is playing bass again? Not sure how that's going to work I understand he was doing some Saint stuff.... oh well whatever..

Just wait and see what happens I guess.

Personally i have no complaints about Rob's playing i think he does a very decent job as did Spitz, but neither of them are in the Marty Friedman / Dimebag League.

If we want to talk about toss guitarist's i'll get the ball rolling with two names..

C.C. Deville
Mick Marrs

Before asked, i do play guitar for 16 years now. Being in a popular band doesn't make you "great"..

Matty..:kickass:

Werd.

hey everyone check it out.... cause this is getting stupid

Dan Spitz is the greatest guitarist in the world! Rob C is the greatest in the world! My mother is the greatest in the world!!!!

But what about you? Are you any good? Can you play? Can you play great?

That's the question you can answer your selves, cause at the end of the day that's what really matters, not sitting here sucking other musicians cocks!!!!

Ya feel me on that?

Its like the Lebron James commericial.... don't look up to me, be better then me. If you don't understand that then just keep on posting away!!!!

:worship:

Ive been an Anthrax fan since 85' and I was a really fucking big fan. Im not going to explain myself but I fucking LOVED Dan Spitz' solos. Rob and whoever else does not and cannot play his solos the same way and it fucking pisses me off. I don't like the solos in anthrax anymore at all.

Im not real big on Scott Ians guitar tone anymore. Its too generic and not as mean sounding as it was in his Marshall days. Still he is my favorite guitar guy so he gets mad props.

As for the singers, I just don't know anymore. I absolutely loved Bush on the sound of White Noise and Stomp but after that not so much. The new guy sounds like Bush crossed with Phil from pantera and I am not so sure I really care anyways.

They haven't written enough good material in the last few years. Maybe they are gettin old like me.:erk:

Status
Not open for further replies.