Calculate how metal you are using your fav album per year

Sunbather is excellent. The best blackgaze album ever IMO. Ordinary Corrupt love is more so the best album in a relatively weak year. However, it has some phenomenal songs like "Honeycomb" and "Canary Yellow." I gave Sunbather a 97/100 and OCL a 93/100.

The vocals on Sunbather wear me out very quickly, though. How 'bout you?

^

Also off the top? Portal's ION and Moloch's A Bad Place are still to this day never too far away from my CD player. Back in 2018 it felt like I was drowning in great music.

Well you know my take on Voivod

I do like Portal, but didn’t find ION to be their best, maybe it’s worth another listen. I haven’t heard Moloch. Looks like it’s sludge, which I usually find easy to like, hard to love, but I’ll give it a shot.

Personally, I felt 2018 was one of the weakest metal years. 2019 was much better.

Me when this thread turns out to be quite a success, with us taking everything we've learnt through all the metal and non-metal year polls and reducing our music taste down to single, almost meaningless numbers:

NimbleRepulsiveIndigobunting-max-1mb.gif

Updated my list for 2022 and oops it's another non-metal album. There goes 1.1% of my metalness!

I haven't been good at finding new music lately, but both '22 albums vaulted well up into my all-time faves. Can't see them getting toppled by any belated discoveries.