Camel- Moonmadness

in limbow

wobmil ni
Sep 9, 2005
United States
I never really gave this album a chance until last night, used to own a copy but ended up selling it, the other day I dl'ed it and gave it a listen... wow, I understand why Mikael likes them so much.
Latimer is such a fantastic fucking guitarist, also. The solo in Lunar Sea = amazing

Moonmadness is indeed a fucking genius album, and Camel are a genius band.

I still think Music Inspired By The Snow Goose is their best release though.. I remember i got it ages ago.. Liked it loads.. But fell in love with it when playing it to Tony Hawks on the xbox. It just seeped into my mind and has stayed there ever since.

very weird that u posted this. i got into camel 3 years ago then suddenly never listened to them again. then just a month ago i purchased mirage and cant get enough of them!

Yeah, Mikael totally copped that line about "the piper plays his tune" lol
though I suppose Camel could've copped it from Led Zeppelin in Stairway, kind of... who copped it from some other group hah

Criminally underrated band. Andrew Latimer's guitar tone is probably the most beautiful I've heard in any genre. The whole band were/are awesome musicians. Although "Snowgoose" is more heralded, I'd go with "Mirage" and then "Moonmadness."

lightbulb sun is generally understood as one of the weaker PT albums.

moonmadness is probably the best camel album imo

whoa whoa, what? I wouldnt consider lightbulb sun weak at all. I have more reason to go back to that album than deadwing and fear of a blank planet.

As far as camel goes, i'd go snowgoose and moonmadness tied, then mirage.

whoa whoa, what? I wouldnt consider lightbulb sun weak at all. I have more reason to go back to that album than deadwing and fear of a blank planet.

As far as camel goes, i'd go snowgoose and moonmadness tied, then mirage.

thats because deadwing and FOABP are pretty damn bad lol