Camera suggestions for me?

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Just looking for a camera to handle day to day duties like documenting my outboard settings for each mix, taking vanity photos of gear etc. etc.

Are there any models that you'd recommend? Nothing overly extravagant cost-wise, I don't really have any aspirations of professional photography, but something with good color balance and really good resolution would be great.

Thanks!

I agree with the above: any cheap digital camera from the major manufacturers will make you happy. If it is a Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Olympus etc you will be fine. I don't recommend using your cell phone as a general purpose camera if only because you have a fixed lens and very limited low light capability. I use the camera on my Nexus One a lot but it doesn't replace my "real" walk about camera, a Panasonic LX3, or even my professional cameras in any way.

I picked up my Olympus E420 for $299 with a lens. Its not the BEST D-SLR out there but it takes great photos!

All_gear.jpg

P8016072.JPG

P8076254.jpg

It shoots pretty crappy in low light situations, but outdoors and for gear I think it rocks. gets a bit grainy at ISO1600 in the blacks but not terribly horrible.

P5232614.JPG

P5313211.JPG

P6074040.JPG

I have this camera , got about a year ago , I fucking love it. Great pics resolution , almost 13 megapixels
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O9ARD6/ref=wms_ohs_product[/ame]

Well I just ordered a Canon EOS 1000D. Probably a good starting point for someone like me. I hate buying low-end gear, but I'm no photographer, and at least this one will have a few features if I do start getting serious, just enough to know what I'm missing out on if I ever decide to step up.

Well I just ordered a Canon EOS 1000D. Probably a good starting point for someone like me. I hate buying low-end gear, but I'm no photographer, and at least this one will have a few features if I do start getting serious, just enough to know what I'm missing out on if I ever decide to step up.

that was probably a good choice. I'm photographing with a Nikon D60 which is almost the equivalent of the eos 1000D. Works like a charm.