Can a band write something new?

cloy26

d00d
Jul 17, 2009
Port St. Lucie, FL
www.myspace.com
Any suggestions for some new metal to check out? I need to be inspired and I am having a tough time writing. I am trying to write for a vision I have in my head. Think Cloudkicker meets The Receiving End of Sirens meets Oh Sleeper. I know, not the most metal stuff out there, but I feel like if I were to piece that all together, I could create a unique sound for people to really enjoy and give people a breath of fresh air. so yah,

Anyone recommend some new styles of metal? Preferably with a lot of depth and programming (save I am Abomination, already listened to the album a bit too much. )

This isn't necessarily new, but it rocks and it breaks away from the tiresome 4/4 that is way overdone!

www.myspace.com/officialarc

This is by far the best local band around here (and yes, even better than my band lol)

OT: When I looked at their page and saw the schematics up there, after looking at it for about 30 seconds I realized it was a theremin, just at that time I looked over a bit to see it said theremin. I feel like such a nerd :lol: