Can anyone paraphrase this sentence please ?

I've had great teachers, most of the time I wasn't thinking about what asses they licked to get into their position.

Oh,im not denying that they don't start with the best intentions.It's when they realise what a hard bloody thankless task they're doing and basically they get shafted by (our) government and the workload gets increased and increased and increased.That's when they lose all enthusiasm for it.Believe me i had some bad teachers and i also had some fucking terrible teachers and i also had some teachers who ought to be in prison.
That's not to say they were all shite just the majority.If you're going into teaching ,good luck.

I'm already a teacher, and I guess what you say is true as for the enthusiasm. But the past two weeks at uni have just proved the contrary to me, so I'm hopeful about that (not about me though :lol: ).

cedarbreed said:
The scene takes place in a garage, I don't get the meaning of this fucking sentence !

"[...]two shapeless men in goggles caressed a great downward-drooping fan of flame broken into dry drops.[...]"

This is about arc welding with arc welding gear on, goggles (mask, should be) and suits. Arc welding, making art, a sculpture.

It reminds me of Grease, when they're tuning that car, that's much more stylized though.

wk27-grease-0204n-4.jpg

" great downward-drooping fan of flame "

About the word "fan" and the shape of the whole thing, do you think it has to be understood this way :

fan.jpg

or that way ? :

FAN%202.JPG