can anyone please help me....

Kalmah_is_god

New Metal Member
Dec 1, 2003
San Diego,CA
Visit site
i have recently gotten into CoB although i have been a kalmah fan for a while. i have bought FOLLOW THE REAPER and HATE CREW DEATHROLL is shipping as we speak. Anywho, can anyone 'direct' me to any good melodic deaht metal bands such as CoB and Kalmah. THANKS!

I'd also put an At the Gates vote in; as well as the Haunted. Sonata Arctica are power metal; but they have a pretty dark sound that I like.

Of course, the kings of melodic death to me are Dissection; they are more black/death but have incredible guitar melodies and leads, with good production and really ferocious drumming, too. Storm of the Lights Bane has to be one of my favorite albums of all time, and the Somberlain is incredible, too.

It's hard to name bands like CoB; they managed to find their own style quite well; but i have heard bands that came out later that sort of try to copy it.

sw == "something wild", their first album, and probably their best.. even if it has some rough edges in the recording & mixing.

i still think they should have called it after one of the songnames (they're all cool) because "something wild" isn't very original for an album name. Or do like Queensrÿche and call the album "inearthed" which is the former name of the band, before they released any (non-demo) albums.