Can anyone reamp for me?

Here's a quick test with the original DI's. Sorry I am pushed for time so I didn't even move the mic from last time I recorded the cab over a week ago(mic position is the same for both amps), just dialled in a quick tone on each amp, after all it's only to test your DI's. :) Both samples turned out fairly dark and a bit gainy unfortunately, that's what rushing will do, tisk tisk. :lol: I am preferring the Krank out of the real-amp samples, but probably the Wagner overall. :lol: See what you think. The samples have no post processing at all, not even HP/LP, just raw-as-recorded.

I think your newer louder DI's would be fine using the fireface, particularly with a new battery in the guitar, that always helps. :p

jauernisreamp6505.mp3

Krank
jauernisreampKrank.mp3

EDIT: @Wild Hades - Cheers Dude.

Nice GuitarHack!
The only problems with your impulses were the pumping low-end and the fizzyness on the >10000Hz area... now seems that you've solved both...
Great work!
that's why I had no problems. I always use andy's c4 settings (decimating the low end pump) and cut at 10k.
@jauernis:
no problem! glad to help. I could try my e530 if you're curious about that.

Ok so I redid the guitars...(this is with a new battery lol and the wav's peaking at times around -2) (I believe it distorted at highest peaks but not sure) I hope this is exactly how my di wav form should look/be...please give me criticism, I want to make this or the next the last time I ever have to rerecord due to levels :zombie:

fixed link both left and right complete http://www.keepmyfile.com/download/2de4992208602

hoehlentroll that e530 would be awesome!

GuitarHack that Krank is unbelievable like it a lot! And the wagner still rocks over the 6505 I hope you can share the impulses and the settings soon.

You guys rock :headbang: thanks for your patience!!

Zip again? Use RAR for more compression or some of lossless audio formats (like WavPack - better compression ratio than RAR and faster) :)

Thanks again guys!! You're helping me learn and make a decision on my next amp....I think I'm gonna buy a used Krank Revolution! I was looking into a mesa dual rectifier. But that Krank sits perfect in my mix without even eq!! Guitarhack How does the Krank sound with impulses?
Guitarhack sorry to be a pest :erk: one more favor if you have time could you do the wagner with your new impulses again with the redone wav files....before I go buy a Krank I would like to hear the difference!

And if anyone has a mesa I would love to hear these guitars reamped!

I have a Mesa Dual Recto and...for shits and giggles, I could also run the tracks through the Bugera 333 (XXX clone...but much thicker, ballsier and warmer) and/or the ADA MP-2...all of which sound awesome IMO. Won't be until later tonight though since I'm working all day.

~006

Thanks again guys!! You're helping me learn and make a decision on my next amp....I think I'm gonna buy a used Krank Revolution! I was looking into a mesa dual rectifier. But that Krank sits perfect in my mix without even eq!! Guitarhack How does the Krank sound with impulses?
Guitarhack sorry to be a pest :erk: one more favor if you have time could you do the wagner with your new impulses again with the redone wav files....before I go buy a Krank I would like to hear the difference!

And if anyone has a mesa I would love to hear these guitars reamped!

I dialled in Wagner to sound similar to the Krank version using an Impulse of the same mic position as the actual mic'd cab Krank version. That is the first sample. The second sample is using one of the old Impulses of a very similar position. I didn't adjust Wagner, I wanted to demonstrate the difference between the old and new Impulse.

Wagner can achieve a similar tone, but it can't match all the body, harmonic content and pushed air that is present in the mic'd sample IMHO. It's a whole lot cheaper though for a similar tone :lol:. I have never used Revalver II but most here rave about it, so maybe wait until Revalver III somes out.

The Krank Effect Send level is VERY low, so the amp's Master Vol has to be quite High (around 8 out of 10) to get a useable signal to apply Impulses to. I haven't been all too impressed with my results, although I haven't really put in more than an hour or two trying. I much prefer the mic'd cab.

Wagner new impulse
jauernis_reamp-Wagner_redone_DI_full_song_new_impulse.mp3

Wagner old impulse
jauernis_reamp-Wagner_redone_DI_full_song_old_impulse.mp3

Both samples have no eq, HP/LP etc.... Some of the peaks may have even clipped, they are just raw.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

Hey GuitarHack, could you please explain the difference between the old and the new impulse? How did you get the new sound? Different cab position in the room maybe? Different speaker? How did you get rid of that fizzy sound?
As I said, I find the new sounding way better!

I'm going to give this another go. I tried on the weekend and I think my Lexicon Omega finally died. :cry: MIC2 Input had been out for a while. So usually MIC1 was ok. But now I get volume spikes and major crackle. Although if I slam it agains the wall a few times it's usually ok. :lol:

Thanks so much GuitarHack!! thanks everyone!!:headbang: I really appreciate all your guys' work! Guitarhack I think exactly as you said that the wagner with the new impulse has the tone (very good tone) (want more info on that new impulse or when they are gonna be shared lol!) but that punch and growl isnt there like on the miced examples! But tonight Im going to place the wagner in the mix and see if I can mask that. Also waiting for Revalver III before I go out an purchase a new amp...heard an example here that had the punch/growl low end like an amp!

If anyone still can mic a Mesa Rectifier or Tremoverb, or Peavey XXX etc. Please please post.