Can anyone tell me what this means?

I didnt like Dragons Child at first, I do now though, it kinda creeped up on me when one day I had it on and couldnt be bothered getting up to hit the skip button and found myself enjoying it :D
Catchy little ditty it is :)

Really? Wolf is the only song that has 'grown' on me. I didn't like it that much in the beginning, but I don't mind it now. :)

I still don't even listen to Dracula very often - even though many think it's the best.

I think Phantom Opera Ghost is the best, Dracula a very close second, Damien is too long I think, they should have cut it by about 3 minutes, but other than that its cool.

Phantom Opera Ghost is cool, but the female vocals sound 'gimmicky' afer a while.
It's still one of the best from the album no doubt, but I think I listened to it to death before the album was released. Same with Damien.

Yep, I recently stopped listening to it because id listened to it a LOT while I was working and stuff, just got a little bored with it, but considering how long its been out and I only recently stopped, I think its safe to say I like it :)

Anyway, im looking forward to the next one as Jon said it will be better as he felt too confined by the horror theme, so that can only be good :headbang:

"Creature from the Black Lagoon" is pretty good, and "Giant Ants With Nasty Claw Things That Bite Your Head Off" is excellent! Jon really excelled himself with those two!

"Damien" is a cool Savatage song, btw.

I dont know if you were taking the piss with both of those, Dragons Child IS based on The Creature From The Black Lagoon :D
What song is "Giant Ants With Nasty Claw Things That Bite Your Head Off" though? Dare I ask....... :)

I had no idea what Dragon's Child was about, cos I haven't heard the CD :) Yes, I was poking fun a little - how'd you guess?

"Giant Ants With Nasty Claw Things That Bite Your Head Off" was a bonus track on the Kazakstanian version - downloaded an mp3 of it, but dang, I don't know what I did with it!

You have to admit, though, that Iced Earth are a very silly band. What with the beasty-themed album and Spawn all over their album covers (and I don't just mean when you get particularly excited about a song! :) ).

Just went for a drive in the Nevermoriun Uterus and gave Phantom Oper Ghost and Damien a listen.
They did rock :D

Maybe this album deserves more than a 6 afterall.

:lol:

I dont know, maybe if you didnt look at the lyrics or listened to the music, and just went by the album covers you might think that...........

Though I guess if you think Iron Maiden is silly, then yes, Iced Earth would be silly to you also :D

Do you know I got a special 6 cd set today of Iced Earth albums I already own? Cool hey! I think its some kind of bootleg set, though its got proper full colour glossy inserts and stuff! All the artwork looks great too, its a combination of the originals and the Dark Genesis ones, plus it has "bonus" tracks from Alive In Athens and Tribute To The Gods on the end of each cd. Tis rocking!

That happens to me sometimes with albums Sydo, I put them on after not listening to them for ages and find I quite like them!

Give Dragons Child another go :)

But I was listening to it Monday and Tuesday and it didn't do much for me then. :confused:
I'm reorganising the CD's in my car tonight, and I think Horror Show may stay in there.

np - I listened to HOTD Ignite almost non-stop for about week! It was cool. :)

Ignite has a few good songs.
Alive, The Law (sort of), Devil May Care, One More For Saturday Night and tracks 5 and 9.

Well if I ever find somewhere that actually stocks Rise, I'll buy it.
But that's not gonna happen..

I like 'Horror Show' quite alot, but I don't think it's one of IE's best works overall. I would pick BO or SWTWC, and perhaps DS and NOTS over 'Horror Show' any day of the week.
'The Phantom Opera Ghost' is one of my favourite Iced Earth tracks though, and most certainly the best on the album. I can only imagine how awesome it could have been if it was done the way Jon intended (he said he had an extra few minutes planned for the song, but ran out of time/money). I think 'Dracula' is quite overated though, and I hardly listen to it. I gave it another go the other day but didn't think much of it. Not a shit song, but not the best. 'Wolf' grew on me too. I didn't really like it at first, but now I quite enjoy it. I like 'Im-Ho-Tep', but it is slow and a little boring. Good background music. 'Dragon's Child' grew on me a little, as did 'Jekyll & Hyde'. I like them both, but their not great. I agree with Spawny about 'Damien' too. It is a couple of minutes too long. It could have been a great album track like 'Jack', which is one of my favourites, but instead it is sort of like a failed epic track. I still like it though. 'Frankenstein' is my other favourite. Great song. :)

I think what would have taken this album up a notch would have been if 'Damien' was shortened, and 'The Phantom Opera Ghost' was completed. As it stands I would probably give the album a 7.5 to an 8 outta 10.

My 2 cents anyway. :)