can I wire EMG's bypassing the pots?

Oct 1, 2005
italy
ingraved.bandcamp.com
Hi everybody, I have a pair of EMG's (81 and 85) and their respective volume and tone pots, but since I fear the pots are ruined (I bought the set used) I was wondering if it is possible to wire the pups without the pots in order to make soldering easier and be at full volume all the time (since I'm gonna use that guitar - my 25 years old gibson SG whose original pups are now evidently going to die - only for my death-grind band...)

thanks!

andrea

Yes you can do it but I bet you're really going to want that volume knob.

oh no, i hate secrets! please don't be so mysterious and just tell me why! :)

hey, shame on me for saying this, but i've probably NEVER used the volume pots ever in my life except during practices when i'm too lazy to plug the footswitch and i switch to the neck pickup with the volume at zero to mute the guitar during the pauses between one song and another... :D

oh no, i hate secrets! please don't be so mysterious and just tell me why! :)

hey, shame on me for saying this, but i've probably NEVER used the volume pots ever in my life except during practices when i'm too lazy to plug the footswitch and i switch to the neck pickup with the volume at zero to mute the guitar during the pauses between one song and another... :D

Yeah, I just meant to turn the thing down quickly and conveniently. I wasn't insinuating any artist use.
:lol: