can one person make a difference?

Apolyom-Todd said:
haha... I was listening to Earth the other day in my stereo and a mate of Shayne's says "this is a fucking rip-off of Slipknot"

I almost put his head through thye fucking wall! :lol:

Earth:). Slipknot:yuk:. Earth:). Slipknot:yuk:. Why is this guy still breathing???

too bad rick had to leave for it
i forget who is replacing him

hes like getting married the day after they leave or some shit, so yeah, no more rick.

haha brian steel from k0rn :lol:
although i was kinda being serious, listen to the wolverine blues album by entombed and u hear were earth got their guitar sound from :D

I can't remember how many times I've heard in the mainstream media that Slayer are 'death metal'.

It basically makes me question EVERYTHING they write. If they can get metal so wrong, I guess they're getting a hell of a lot of other things wrong too.

I think most people have perception that all music that sounds reasonably heavy is heavy metal. Last week this girl at work said that Tenacious D is a thrash metal band. Couldn't stop teasing her for the rest of the day

entersix said:
I think most people have perception that all music that sounds reasonably heavy is heavy metal. Last week this girl at work said that Tenacious D is a thrash metal band. Couldn't stop teasing her for the rest of the day

Hmmm maybe she heard that Christmas song they did with Sum 41... I'm not a fan of either band but as a piss-take power metal song it was fucking great, hehe.

entersix said:

you are fucking kidding me!?!?!? :lol: :zombie: :err:

Lord Tim said:
I think most power metal bands these days are doing a pretty decent job of taking the piss out of themselves with their so called "power" so called "metal" albums! *sigh*...

Ouch! Burn point for Tim! :lol:

Oh.. and I asked the dope how Earth were ripping off Slipknot? His answer "that riff... the first two chords sounded like a Slipknot song... and it's jumpy"

I'd say the guitar sound is just as much Dismember as Entombed, hell, even Rick had a Dismember sticker on his guitar at one point, heh. Although their guitar sound has become a bit thicker and slicker over time, if you listen to the demos there was practically no low-end at all (then again it could just be a result of shoddy recording, heh).

Lord Tim said:
I think most power metal bands these days are doing a pretty decent job of taking the piss out of themselves with their so called "power" so called "metal" albums! *sigh*...

Tell me about it :rolleyes: for example has anyone heard a Rise to Power?

:D

only joking Tim, I must say it really is a fantastic album and am even now looking forward to the next Dungeon release......

I went overseas for 14 months, and there were no less than THREE lineup changes for Earth in that time. Now Rick's leaving too? Jesus.

I've always thought their sound is a helluva lot like Entombed's, but that's a good thing, cos I love the sound. Doesn't mean their music/songwriting does as such, just their sound.