What do you look for in a local metal gig?

OnceAWolf

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2009
www.myspace.com
Hey there, this is my first post

Im studying Music at University and as part of one of my projects i have to put on a show, obviously i want it to be a success and for everyone to have the best fucking time - so what does everyone look for in a local metal show?? what makes it awesome?

I will be trying to get hold of a bigger band to headline to draw a bigger crowd (e.g. one that supports big metal acts)and hopefully that'll give the local support bands a big boost.
Thanks alot!

Depends on what people think about awsome, for me its quite simple if the band(s) are good the price of the ticket is affordable and the food/drink prices are reasonable and there are no posers, jerks or christians with flyers around (Elsrock, Zwarte Cross) than i have a awsome time. And last but not least you have to have a merch stand, no show without proof that you've been there is my motto

Cool, yea i was thinking of making and selling event shirts (listing all of the bands that played and the title of the night etc) but not sure if theyd sell... If i sold them for £6 would people buy?

for 6 pound? :OMG: damn thats cheap if the quality is good and the print doesn't fade after 2-3 times being thrown in the wash machine i might buy it seeing that i ussually pay 15 euro's for a tour-shirt at a venue. Start small invite a local band and see how it goes and build on from that.

No charge for re-entry and provide some ventilation.I went to see Cephalic Carnage and Necrophagist some years ago during the summer,the outside temp was at least in the low 90's so when you get in a small club add at least another 5 degrees to that and those staff wouldn't let us go outside unless we paid re-entry.Fuck them(management) they lost a customer.

beer
bands that dont suck
sound system that doesnt blow and isnt too ridiculously loud
reasonable space
beer
tits

Also, shows with music tend to go over very well. Typically, this music is performed by bands. Bands play the music on devices known as musical intruments, the most common of which are the electric guitar, the bass guitar, and the drum set.

^Fuck. You beat me to it, asshole.

I don't like local shows. In fact, I don't like shows. I like them to play live, record it, then play it at a party watching a snuff film. Otherwise, I will have no part of it.