What do you wanna see at a live show?

I want energy!

Doesn matter what they do on stage but the energy should be there. Slayer is awesome live and they dont move alot but its just there. Iron Maiden is also awesome live (allthough I may not appreciate their albums that much) and they run around like crazy. THe thing is presence and energy.

Hey when you see a live band do you want to hear tight music or see the band jump around.

Both. It's a rarity though, so if I had to pick one it'd be tight music, confidently played, with some stage presence.

Plus titties, alcohol, and cops in riot gear of course.

Jumping around is kinda gay, usually. Like, hopping. Except when Iron Maiden do it, because nothing involving Iron Maiden can be gay. Like if Adrian and Dave had buttsex, it would still be hetero.

But I digress.
Good playing, and they should headbang and move around, but the good playing most of all. Singers particularly need something to do during instrumental sections. Throwing water to the pit is always appreciated (ZP Theart).

i was at an opeth gig a few years back and this guy at the front started moshing and slamming into people, and when the band came back on for the 'demon of the fall' encore i saw like 6 guys come up from the back grinning and they got the moshing guy in a headlock and started beating the shit out of him. that ruled.

i was at an opeth gig a few years back and this guy at the front started moshing and slamming into people, and when the band came back on for the 'demon of the fall' encore i saw like 6 guys come up from the back grinning and they got the moshing guy in a headlock and started beating the shit out of him. that ruled.

Opeth clearly incites this sort of behavior.

Actually, I'd pay good money to see Mikael act like a tough guy on stage. "Alright, I wanna see everyone get in the pit and fuck shit up on this next one. This is....WINDOWPAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!!"

my band plays technical shit and we have no problem with good stage presence. if i'm not playing, i'm constantly head twirling and my guitarist is always running around