What do you wanna see at a live show?

disschord

New Metal Member
May 19, 2008
essex
www.myspace.com
Hey when you see a live band do you want to hear tight music or see the band jump around.

I ask because i like to jump around. so we play slightly less complicated music
and try and mosh it off when we play.
but most of the over local band's seem to play more intricate stuff but stand stock still.

So what makes your night of metal bliss

Either way works for me. It depends on the band. Which one can you do better? I'd say do that one.

If the music is really kickass, I don't give a rats ass about the on-stage antics. I think jumping around and light shows and such is gay compared to good music. But a really good stage presence is an amazing experience. A lot of bands get noticed through good stage presence instead of good music. If you can have that kind of rapport with a crowd then that's great. Either way, it can be great. I say do whichever one you guys are better at.

You can't predict it. I was at Summer Slaughter and there was a fat one wearing an Aborted shirt. He had the Pepsi logo tattooed on his arm. During Vader's set he came round my way, I pushed him back into the center and he got demolished by oncoming traffic.

Yeah, a couple scene kids were at the Nachtmystium show a few weeks back. One was making out with his girls in the middle of "Chosen By No One", and after the song Blake called them "Gay" and that "this is a metal show." I wanted to punch the fucking guys doing hardcore dances in the opening band's set.

I want to see a band that knows how to play music on stage. Some charisma and interaction with the audience would be nice.

Agreed. But what shows do you go to that you see juggalos at?

When a national act comes to town with shitty local bands opening. Not sure how bad it is in other places, but death metal shows have always been notorious for this around here. Nu metal bands used to open for them all the time years ago, and now it's metalcore/deathcore bands. It's especially bad if there's only one big band and the bill gets padded with like five local openers. That's happened numerous times to Suffocation when they've come down here for one-off gigs, and pretty much the only way to make it through the evening without wanting to kill yourself is to show up at like 10 or 11 when all the local bands have finished.

Yeah, a couple scene kids were at the Nachtmystium show a few weeks back. One was making out with his girls in the middle of "Chosen By No One", and after the song Blake called them "Gay" and that "this is a metal show." I wanted to punch the fucking guys doing hardcore dances in the opening band's set.

Haha, it is funny as hell hearing about Blake doing that.

Because I mean ...

4866_photo.jpg

When a national act comes to town with shitty local bands opening. Not sure how bad it is in other places, but death metal shows have always been notorious for this around here. Nu metal bands used to open for them all the time years ago, and now it's metalcore/deathcore bands. It's especially bad if there's only one big band and the bill gets padded with like five local openers. That's happened numerous times to Suffocation when they've come down here for one-off gigs, and pretty much the only way to make it through the evening without wanting to kill yourself is to show up at like 10 or 11 when all the local bands have finished.

that's how it is here too