What do you consider intelligent music?

It's death metal with good musicians making music that is a little more complex than your standard gore-fare. Though many ain't that technical as they are supposed to be...I think.

Originally posted by godisanathiest

Techno death? Please explain, that sounds really coo.l Is it like ultraviolence - sort of hardcore techno?

Techno death only means that musicians really can play, they use different musical novations, common change of rhythm, irrational rhythms, high-speed solos. What about violence - it is not stupid violence, like Cannibal Corpse. It's hard to explain, just listen the bands I wrote or if you remember Death's "Individual Thoughts Patterns" - it is really a pattern of techno death, but it is melodic. I think Death's "Sounds of Perseverance" is more techno-death-it is more rigid. And I found no hardcore in this genre.

Originally posted by Anthony
Techno death only means that musicians really can play, they use different musical novations, common change of rhythm, irrational rhythms, high-speed solos. What about violence - it is not stupid violence, like Cannibal Corpse. It's hard to explain, just listen the bands I wrote or if you remember Death's "Individual Thoughts Patterns" - it is really a pattern of techno death, but it is melodic. I think Death's "Sounds of Perseverance" is more techno-death-it is more rigid. And I found no hardcore in this genre.

Ah I get it :) I thought u were talking about techno the music, thas y I mention ultraviolence - they're like a hardcore techno band from around here :)

Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker, Hardcore Motherfucker. Sorry, I mean a few are funny, NONE are actually worth listening to.They're like sleep deprivation, I listen to them when I go out, as on some nights thats the only kind of music they play :( and when I'm working cos it makes me work faster. It is the most shite music....

I agree with spacebunni. I am a classical pianist too. At this time i am listening to Beethoven's Piano Concert in C minor op. 37 performed by the Radio Symphony Orchestra of Ljubljana. I think that classical music is much more well structured than most pop/rock/metal songs. Of course there are many bright exceptions to this rule. You just have to find them. I think that 70s prog rock is "inteligent" as well as today's progmetal scene. I also deem "intelligent", techno-thrash bands like CORONER and VOIVOD.:) DEATH also have comlex song structures. ARCTURUS, MAYHEM and EMPEROR too. I think that the future of metal is DODHEIMSGARD. Have you guys ever listened to 666 International? Metal is really intelligent from the aspect of lyrics but musiacaaly, i think that fusion jazz is the top. Just listen to Al DiMeola, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Paco DeLucia (ok this is flamenco but he has played many times with DiMeola and John McLaughlin) and Return to Forever.
:err: But enough with examples. I'll try to give a definition (personal) of what i think as "inelligent music":loco:
Intelligent is the music that has been never heard before. And nowadays as more and more of musical themes are "discovered" it is very difficult to be pioneer and innovative as a musician. Intelligent is the kind of music that makes you think, remember and imagine. It kinda triggers your brain and makews it work faster. Technique is essential to make "intelligent music" but it must not be your goal.

sorry for the extent of this but some things had to be said.:cool:

godisanatheist - I once amused myself by trying to imagine how Ultraviolence would perform Hardcore Motherfucker live. First, get a gothic lady in a full PVC bondage-style strapped corset and trousers, high heels etc, and make her stand completely stock-still in front of the microphone. Second, line up a series of garden sheds and rig them up with dynamite, each with a classic Acme plunger-detonator. Have a pasty faced, bespectacled boy at one end of the line of plungers, ready to detonate a shed on cue. Finally, have someone carry a dustbin lid and stick... altogether now...
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*
(repeat ad infinitum, ad nauseum)
*pause - dustbin lid player gets his cue*
*Clang-clang-clang-clang-clang-clang-clang-clang-cla-clang...*
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
godisanatheist - I once amused myself by trying to imagine how Ultraviolence would perform Hardcore Motherfucker live. First, get a gothic lady in a full PVC bondage-style strapped corset and trousers, high heels etc, and make her stand completely stock-still in front of the microphone. Second, line up a series of garden sheds and rig them up with dynamite, each with a classic Acme plunger-detonator. Have a pasty faced, bespectacled boy at one end of the line of plungers, ready to detonate a shed on cue. Finally, have someone carry a dustbin lid and stick... altogether now...
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*

sounds quite interesting dill play it again:err:

:headbang:

"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*
"Hardcore Motherfucker"
*BOOM!*

:lol: :lol: Yeah thats pretty close! One of my freinds saw them live. You were right about the lady, just not what she did ;) if u get my meaning ;) ;)

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Well u have 2 have something to distract you from the noise :)

I think the only possible thing that could distract me from that godawful racket is having a troop of male gorillas attempt to gang rape me while a pygmy attempts to remove my testicles with a rusty egg-whisk.. and even then I'd ask them to puncture my eardrums just in case...

I think the only possible thing that could distract me from that godawful racket is having a troop of male gorillas attempt to gang rape me while a pygmy attempts to remove my testicles with a rusty egg-whisk.. and even then I'd ask them to puncture my eardrums just in case...

Whatever floats ur boat ;) They are actually good to work to tho. I always speed up cos I work in time with the music. Plus the added incentive of finishing earlier so I can turn them off. But believe me, there are worse bands in that genre. Such as sleep deprivation