What do you consider intelligent music?

LOL - yeah, I pointed that out in my live review of Ozzfest on this site to. I don't think many people read it, because it was too damned long. I found a much better review of it somewhere else (Terrorizer magazine, I think) than mine, which said 'There are some moments in life that have present an oppurtunity that has to be seized, otherwise the rest of our lives are a falling away from that one, potentially defining moment. Today is one such moment : "If anyone out there has a gun, shoot me. Today is a good day to die."'
:)
You're only three days older than me? Whoa.. I'll have to attempt to remember that, so I can send birthday greetz. :)

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
LOL - yeah, I pointed that out in my live review of Ozzfest on this site to. I don't think many people read it, because it was too damned long. I found a much better review of it somewhere else (Terrorizer magazine, I think) than mine, which said 'There are some moments in life that have present an oppurtunity that has to be seized, otherwise the rest of our lives are a falling away from that one, potentially defining moment. Today is one such moment : "If anyone out there has a gun, shoot me. Today is a good day to die."'
:)

Yeah, that was funny :) And it was very tempting! How funny it would have been if someone didhave a gun ;)

I wished I did have a gun at that exact moment - I would have shot the guy on the spot. With my experience on the Area 51, Point Blank, House Of The Living Dead, Virtua Cop and Time Crisis arcade games, it would have been an easy shot!

Cue dodgy tabloid 'Computer Games Taught Me How To Kil' headlines from tabloid newspapers with nothing better to do... :D

But you would also have been held a hero by thousands. Probably not by the majority of Papa Roach fans :D Didja see Tool? They were good!

I can imagine it now "A 17 year old obsessed computer games and metal fan was responsible for the death of the lead singer, Coby DICK, of Papa Roach. A band called ultraviolence have been held responsible by the killers parents" ;)

I consider 'DEATH - INDIVIDUAL THOUGHT PATTERNS' intelligent music.

Along with:

METALLICA - ...And justice for all
MEGADETH - Rust in peace
THE TEA PARTY - The edges of twighlight
NEVERMORE - DNB
CYNIC - Focus
OPETH - Still life

...Intelligent music not just being bands i like, but bands that really think about what they are doing and saying. Wether it be playing, structure, lyrics etc.

Ha you've missed the beauty of the song. Listen to it all and you'll realsie the song develops no more than this. Its just a series of unlinked sections with one instrument. Or as I like to call it, shit ;)

£400? Oooh, thats expensive, I'm sure you can get ur "therapy" a lot cheaper than that ;) It's sa shame it invoves the nail and ultraviolence cd really!

Sisthema are very different to Sleep Deprivation - who I agree are worse - but are still very, very shite. Take fifty percent Fear Factory, fifty percent Meshuggah, slap them haphazradly together and systematically remove any elements of structural coherence, melody, inteliigence, imagination and creativity from the mix. Add lyrics that sound as though the writer has been going through a dictionary of technological terminology in the hope of adding 'cyber-metal' props to the sound, and record the whole mess on CD. There you have Sisthema. Wait until I do my proper review of the bastards, I'll be much less forgiving on them than I have been here!
Grrrr....

This could be funny :) Please post the review! They do sound quite shite! U at school/college2?
How about - a believe a 2 year old child could have pulled more complex and origonal music out of its arse than is displayed in this album. It reminds me that suicide is always an option, and is often preferable to listening to this crap. Then u could go on to recommend sleep deprivation ;)

To me intelligent music doesn't necessarily have to be catchy but when you listen to it live (or at home but live is better), it rummages through all your emotions like hell. i went to see Pearl Jam once and they were awesome. I've been toa lot of concerts but these guys....they can make a great upbeat song and an easy one as well, both emotionally challenging you to your limits.
Of course, the lyrics add a great deal to the greatness of a song, they must be...well, different than the rest.

You have to hand it to boy bands for one thing only: they sing great. The rest is pure "show for little girls" cr*p.

Cheers.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
This could be funny :) Please post the review! They do sound quite shite! U at school/college2?
How about - a believe a 2 year old child could have pulled more complex and origonal music out of its arse than is displayed in this album. It reminds me that suicide is always an option, and is often preferable to listening to this crap. Then u could go on to recommend sleep deprivation ;)

Yup, I'm at school doing A-Levels in English, Psychology and Art. So realistically, I could write a very interesting report about my own mental instability and include illustrations to go with it. :)
And nothing, absolutely nothing at all, would ever convince me to actually recommend sleep deprivation to anyone. Not unless I hated them beyond all reasonable comprehension.

This is the answer, we use it as an impliment of tortue :) We keep people awake with sleep deprivation untill they scream for death! :loco: (or mayb not, I'm not really a sadist, really)

Gah, I'm doing geology, physics, maths and chemistry. What kind of a really shite mixture is that? :lol: A fully illustrated report would be funny - I can see it now:

"I am an obbsessive compulsive I am an obbsessive compulsive I am an obbsessive compulsive I am an obbsessive compulsive I am an obbsessive compulsive I am an obbsessive compulsive schizophrenic, or thats what the voices tell me"

Originally posted by Trapped
I consider 'DEATH - INDIVIDUAL THOUGHT PATTERNS' intelligent music.

Along with:

METALLICA - ...And justice for all
MEGADETH - Rust in peace
THE TEA PARTY - The edges of twighlight
NEVERMORE - DNB
CYNIC - Focus
OPETH - Still life

...Intelligent music not just being bands i like, but bands that really think about what they are doing and saying. Wether it be playing, structure, lyrics etc.

Totally agree here. Death's "ITP" is really intelligent, and video of "Philosopher" one of the beautiest that I have seen. And what about Paradise Lost? From "Icon" they create (I think so ) intelligent music.

Seems like you, Trapped (in corner?) are DEATH fan, aren't you?