do you all have a local music scene in your town?

Hitori said:
yeah... so? heh, I'm not wondering why it happens, I just said that it annoys me. Not that it's an exclusively local problem.
i've never thought it was a local problem...
talking about attitude it's never a local problem.
ppl are the same EVERYWHERE IMO ;)

i never said that you thought it was a local problem ... :loco:
anyway, yeah, people are the same everywhere, that I agree on 100%

Originally posted by Dafne
WOW! and do you try to relate to each other?or just do you all ignore the others? (like it often happens... )

Well, we are not all friends, of course, I am friends with some guys from Depresy and some other, like 15 guys and some girls. So there are groups of friends there and the rest of the people simply know one another just visually.
There arent any problems at all at gigs, its all very friendly, beer an all... ;)

wildfyr said:
Feel free to check out the "Sweet Home" page at my site for fotos of some Illinois (mostly Chicagoland area) bands.

http://www.eyesoffyr.com/music/sweet_home/index.shtml

This page does not contain info on every band from around here, just the ones I've seen and fotographed.

No Chicago (the band)? :p

cornerlogo1.gif

Hitori said:
But if I remember correctly, you've said you were kicked out of your band, so maybe the rockstar attitude and lack of talent is just your own experience with your band.

Actually I've never said that I was kicked out of my band, it was a very different ending. Btw, my own experience into local bands scene is not limited by only one band.

Hitori said:
I strongly disagree when you say that there's not a single promising band out there, perhaps you're just prejudiced. And it's exactly your kind of attitude that I was complaining about in my post- people whine about how much our local scene sucks, yet they do nothing to change things, in the typical mexican way.

For someone who said that she wasn’t paying attention to the mexican band which opened the past DT’s Monterrey gig, I guess I’m not the fake and prejudiced around here.

I'm not the kind of fan who thinks that he/she is improving local scene just for supporting all the stuff made for local bands (including all the crap made for a lot of them). As I already said, I’ve been working in a few of local bands, but if it means to you that I’m one of those people that you mentioned...... I don’t really care.

Hitori said:
And if you'd only be a little objective, you'd realize that whereas local opening bands used to be boo-ed off the stage by the local audience, people now listen respectfully and actually ask for longer sets. This could of course just mean that the audience has become less demanding,

Well, I guess the audience has become less demanding, that’s the awful truth.

Hitori said:
but either way, bands now have some support, and support is vital for them to work harder on what they do and improve. Playing for an apathetic audience is not very motivating.

Sometimes people doesn't appreciate nothing at all. Perhaps this support you'r talking about just help them to increase their own ego, instead of inspire them to do something better about music.

Hitori said:
And whereas there used to be only like 3 bands opening for every international band, there are now dozens to choose from, so the competition is fiercer which results on bands trying harder.

It doesn’t mean that those bands are good enough, either. Don't you think?

Hitori said:
@Angelbreeze
But if I remember correctly, you've said you were kicked out of your band

You remember incorrectly you dipshit, She was the only one who had both dedication and talent in the band and I had the final and only say so on what went on. Its cute that you try a negative spin though, but you should use your fucking brain next time and remember that the only one responsible for the band was me and i still read the forum.

So put this on your little bullshit magazine: I disbanded the group that I created and they decided, without any authorization whatsoever, to keep using part of the music I wrote on their new project. I never cared for what everyone in the stupid little scene thought about me and everybody knew it, and i still dont care: they band died when i said so, this new band has nothing to do with any of the ideas save some recycled riffs taken horribly out of context that make the songs sound nothing like Koldun.

If i wanted Koldun to continue back then rest asured: The band would still live and the only member that would remain would be her, i would have "kicked out" all of the other 3 "members" and went on finding new people to continue, like i always did before them.

So back on topic...

There isn't much of a local music "scene" in Los Angeles (where I live). There are bands of every flavor here from very underground stuff to big names like Linkin Park, Slayer, Bad Religion, No Doubt, to Snoop Dogg. There isn't much of a scene/following anymore as there was 20 years ago with the L.A. punk rock scene. Bands do their own things now and as with the internet, these bands connect with each other online.

Taliesin said:
Woah you rockstar you!

You wouldnt like it if people shit on your music and effords too: i never said my concept was good but it was mine, and it was ( maybe still is? who knows ) being portrayed very unfairly.

Or in other words: even if my music was shitty it was my music, i went through over 30 bandmembers and went through the trouble of having patience and wait for them to develop their skills to actually play the music i was trying to do. A huge part of myself died with my project and now im gonna sit here and let a bunch of stupid fucking morons like Hitori to spread rummors about what went on? Koldun deserves dignity even in its Death: not for what it was but for the efford it was put into it which is 200x more than any band currently working on this fucking shithole people call a city.

Misanthrope said:
i never said my concept was good but it was mine
Misanthrope said:
Or in other words: even if my music was shitty it was my music

So then we agree. Because my whole point is that there IS a local scene, and even if the concept is bad and the music is shitty, at least they're trying.

Misanthrope said:
Hitori to spread rummors about what went on? Koldun deserves dignity .

I wasn't spreading rumours about your band, for the simple reason that I never heard of its name, it must have be too tr00 and underground for me to know about it.

Misanthrope said:
and remember that the only one responsible for the band was me and i still read the forum

your reading this forum or not makes no difference in my life whatsoever
but it's always fun to get a rise out of you. anyway, i know you have the time to keep this going on and on, but i don't.

@Angelbreeze
to clarify, I wasn't paying much attention when a band opened for DT, but I have been to local band festivals and payed attention numerous other times at numerous other shows, so I don't think 1/100 counts. but well, let's not go in circles, you think there isn't a scene, I think there is. As for your not being kicked out of the band, my apologies then, take it as you will.

I wasn't spreading rumours about your band, for the simple reason that I never heard of its name, it must have be too tr00 and underground for me to know about it.

You never heard of the name because it was before you had any interest in "local bands" apparently, so much for your oh so educated opinion about a local scene you clearly dont fucking know at all.