Can someone enlighten me on "Dry Counties"?

I was in Tennessee a couple of years ago on vacation & was in a 'dry county.'

Made me laugh (I'm not a drinker)... That in the so called "Land of the free" someone was making my decisions for me.

I live in Kentucky. Not in a dry county, but several counties near me are dry. There is really no intelligent reason for doing it. Metaltastic is right, it's all about the religious horseshit. The people vote on it, and they have to hold up their image. :rolleyes:

If anything it makes things worse because more drunks are driving further to get their alcohol. Plus I think there are more drunks in dry counties...it's always seemed that way to me.

i live in indiana, and alcohol sales are banned here on sundays...so what's everyone do? roadtrip to ohio!

i've been seriously thinking of fighting that shit on grounds that it violates separation of church & state, but i have too much other shit going on

My friend had an idea for a liquor store that stays open 24/7. To get around the time restraints for selling, etc. he had this idea to sell bottles and beer during normal hours like every other liquor store, BUT when the time came and he could no longer sell bottles, he would then sell stickers/patches. The trick is that you buy a Jack Daniel's sticker, for $23, and you get a free bottle of JD. :lol: The same would apply for anything else, buy a Bud Light sticker, for $6, you get a free Bud Light 6-pack.

I told him that probably still violated some laws, but he's like "no way, because I'm not selling the alcohol. I'm giving it away. What I'm selling are stickers. You're telling me there's a law that says I can't sell stickers after 10?" :lol:

~006

There is a dry county next to the county that I live in. They just voted on it again a when the elections were held and it got voted down barely. Once the old crusty bastards all pass away then it will probably pass. It's just like someone else said...it's all to uphold some phoney bullshit image. That county is also one of the poorest counties around and has more unpaved roads than I've ever seen in my life. Last week a guy that owned a custom chopper shop in that county got busted for having a secret room in the back of the shop with several gallons of moonshine, several bottles of liquor and cases of beer. There was also a stripper pole set up in the corner. So needless to say he is fucked. All because of that stupid backwards law.

It depends where you are - different places have different licences. Some pubs will close at 11, some 12, some are 24 hour etc.

You most definitely can buy booze after 11p.m.

This summer in oxford street everything was closed at 1030 pm lol
When I was in scotland especially in inverness pubs weren't closed at 11pm but they served just fruite juices or cola hahahah lol

My friend had an idea for a liquor store that stays open 24/7. To get around the time restraints for selling, etc. he had this idea to sell bottles and beer during normal hours like every other liquor store, BUT when the time came and he could no longer sell bottles, he would then sell stickers/patches. The trick is that you buy a Jack Daniel's sticker, for $23, and you get a free bottle of JD. :lol: The same would apply for anything else, buy a Bud Light sticker, for $6, you get a free Bud Light 6-pack.

I told him that probably still violated some laws, but he's like "no way, because I'm not selling the alcohol. I'm giving it away. What I'm selling are stickers. You're telling me there's a law that says I can't sell stickers after 10?" :lol:

~006

Along the same lines, I came up with the idea of selling plastic cups outside of random keg parties. It might look suspicious, a 33-year-old man selling cups at a college party...but then, the dark does some of us many favors.