Can someone "reamp" a midi part for me?

flhctroll

Mar 23, 2006
Fox Lake, IL
amproductions.info
Hey all. I have a small piano part for a band right now. We were unable to track it with a real keyboard so I ran a guitar direct to my pc then ran it through melodyne to switch to midi format. I do not have any midi software and would like to get this transfered to a nice piano sound. Also, I am not sure if it sounds natural but I really dont have the first clue on midi editing. So, If someone could find it in their heart to run this through a nice piana sound and edit it for naturallness, I would really appriciate it. Midi file if edited, and a final wav version would be great. The original dry guitar part does sound better, but melodyne had a hard time with it. I hope it will work though.

Here is a link to the files compressed.

http://undisidid.net/amp/temp/bearing_point/bearing_point.rar

It has the midi file and a sample of the audio it goes with. It will be in the silent part. You can hear the guitar just before the break doing the same riff.

Thanks again yall.

Hey all. I have a small piano part for a band right now. We were unable to track it with a real keyboard so I ran a guitar direct to my pc then ran it through melodyne to switch to midi format. I do not have any midi software and would like to get this transfered to a nice piano sound. Also, I am not sure if it sounds natural but I really dont have the first clue on midi editing. So, If someone could find it in their heart to run this through a nice piana sound and edit it for naturallness, I would really appriciate it. Midi file if edited, and a final wav version would be great. The original dry guitar part does sound better, but melodyne had a hard time with it. I hope it will work though.

Here is a link to the files compressed.

http://undisidid.net/amp/temp/bearing_point/bearing_point.rar

It has the midi file and a sample of the audio it goes with. It will be in the silent part. You can hear the guitar just before the break doing the same riff.

Thanks again yall.

I can try it for you in about an hour and a half when I get off of work.

I bought myself Ivory last month, for a project, and it sounds fantastic, especially the Bosendorfer Grand. I would help you out, but I don't have the internet connected to my recording computer (Mac), and I hate using CD-Rs to get one tiny file over to it from this computer (PC), and then another CD to bring things back over . Am I incorrect in thinking that a USB flash drive formatted for PC will not work with my Mac, without being reformatted and subsequently erased?

I bought myself Ivory last month, for a project, and it sounds fantastic, especially the Bosendorfer Grand. I would help you out, but I don't have the internet connected to my recording computer (Mac), and I hate using CD-Rs to get one tiny file over to it from this computer (PC), and then another CD to bring things back over . Am I incorrect in thinking that a USB flash drive formatted for PC will not work with my Mac, without being reformatted and subsequently erased?

I have a flash drive that I do exactly that on. I can transfer from PC to mac an mac to pc no problem. It's worth the buy, just make sure it's mac compatible.

The acoustic piano sounds wrong to me on this, maybe a guitar lead with some nice delays/reverbs instead?

Yeah I ended up with a combination of strings synth and some other shit. Piano sounded wierd to me. Unless it's supposed to be before the song starts? I still don't get where it's supposed to go, I know it matches the first part of the song before the break but it just sounds kind of lame in that it's the exact same stuff as the guitar. But thats just opinion IMO, please don't take that personally :cool: .

Oh yeah I didn't need to format it just worked.

This is what the band wanted. If yall have any other ideas it would be appriciated. I put both of the samples so dfar together and they sound decent. I will upload when I get a chance. the part is going in the blank spot. So the chugchug part splits the measure. Thanks again felipe-x & Kev for the reamps so far:)

ive got a usb flash drive that works between the two
buut when i try to delete files when accessing it from the mac, it makes a bin on the drive that is 'hidden'
and being a n00b to mac i have to take it to my windows pc to delete the files

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I would be interested in hearing idea's you guys came up with. Now that you mentioned it, the part does sound odd to me. If I could get raw no reverb versions on the two so far from Kev & felipe-x that would be great. Thanks again guys.