Enlighten the Darkness

Negodnyj

New Metal Member
Jun 1, 2006
Russia
Excuse me for creating a special topic for this album, but in my opinion it is worth it.
it was about six years ago, as I was 16 years old and was in the search of my identity through music. It was that time I began learning to play a guitar and lived in a small siberian town in the cold depth of Russia. it was a secret town, where secret weapons for the war with America were produced, so that it wasn't marked even on the geographic map!
And all good that i could bye in this small town were samples of Metallica and some old Rock-Giants, like Zeppelins, Manowar etc.
I had began hearing such stuff and thought, it is a greatest music in the world! i tried to play the same on my new accoustic guitar, bought from the one of my few acquainted musicians in this little town.
I was amazed by music, and believed, it could change the world
and i searched something tha i believed could change my life.
And i found it: one evening, as i went home from the scool (I was in 10th form), i visited, as usually, the music booth, that stayed near the bus station.
I knew by rote all the tapes exposed to the sale in this kiosk.
One day I was very interested, as I saw a little new stuff of tapes, brought here in the afternoon from St.Petersburg.
And one tape with a beautiful feminin angel had dropped my attention with words "Angel Dust, Enlighten The Darkness" on it.
And i asked the seller to let me a little listen to it, and i was amazed!
i was involved in Metallica that days and I heard this album with a great astonishment!
i found out tha the riffs of Angel Dust sound not onli better then of Metallica, but also were melted with catchy solis, synths, and emotional vocals, and i was amazed!
i bought tis record immediatly, because i was anxious someone would do it before me, and i was lucky that I saved up enough money on abstaining form the scool lunches :)
A tape cost 15 rubles, that is near 40 cent!
i have bought this tape and heard it carefully at home, every day, every evening.
This tape has changed my mind, it has changed me and my relation to the life.
it reflected my deep emotions and had the smell of my dreams.
The songs like "Enjoy!", "The One You Are", "Come Into Resistance" lived deep in me and influenced my consciousness :)
i think it was good, because it helped me always to bring bad emotions away and not to stop before difficulties and obstacles.
Many years had gone since this time, love affairs, good lucks and failures.
And now the life has brought me to Hamburg, Germany, where i have my own band, and where i can realise all my emotions and feelings with my music without domestic shortages, Ind i have, of course, foundd many new musical areals, can be more complex than "Enlighten The Darkness", but i am very thankfull to the boys of "Angel Dust", that they had let me to feel the deep emotions taking place in me but also feel them coming from somethere outside, so that i was sure i am not alone in this world, and there are some people in the Rurgebiet, who understood and feeled me, a teen in the depth of Russia.
And now, as they are going towards the end of their musical experimentations, i want to say that I will never froget that they had made with this aesom album and that I will many times remember them devoting my music to them, as they had devoted their music to me!
Thank You Guyes!