can someone turn a MIDI kick/snare into SSD for me!?

FIXXXER

¯\(°_o)/¯
Feb 18, 2008
Germany
hey guys,

i am working on a rock style track at the moment and i am having problems
getting a nice drum sound. usually i am satisfied with my S2+metal foundry combo but on this project nothing seems to work...

i basically just need a nice rock kick and a powerful snare.
i wanted to use the TRIGGER demo for this
(still have not enough money to buy TRIGGER) but the
license expired and i can't get it renewed.

thanks in advance! :)

cheers
S.

it is as it is in one big audio file.
giving away single samples would not be legal afaik :)
i asked steven about this some time ago in the official SSD forums.

cheers
S.

yeah, that's really cool. imagine you have a project using SSD and you want someone else to mix it.
it would suck if you would not be allowed to send him the SSD tracks:lol:

yeah, that's really cool. imagine you have a project using SSD and you want someone else to mix it.
it would suck if you would not be allowed to send him the SSD tracks:lol:

Ah you get into different ground with all that kinda stuff, is it commercial is it not etc. Otherwise anybody could just ask a SSD owner to use the samples for their EP/album and not have to pay a penny for any of it. Im sure Steven would drop the hammer on their nut-sacks for doing so! :)

damn you're right on that, didn't think so far!
i'll write a PM to Loren Littlejohn immediately
and ask him not to send me anything until it's clear if it is OK or not.

cheers
S.

Isn´t loren simply doing a service to soultrash by """reamping""" his drum tracks? He´s not giving him separate samples, simply sample replacing his drums, it would be just part of the editing/mixing process in any production service, just that loren is kind enough to do it for free, but he just could charge as he owns the sample library he´s using right?

Just a thought, I don´t really know the rules

Isn´t loren simply doing a service to soultrash by """reamping""" his drum tracks? He´s not giving him separate samples, simply sample replacing his drums, it would be just part of the editing/mixing process in any production service, just that loren is kind enough to do it for free, but he just could charge as he owns the sample library he´s using right?

Just a thought, I don´t really know the rules

that's exactly what i've been thinking! :)

Im not sure hence why I brought it up, I was under the impression its for personal use unless you are producing a band then you as the producer can use his samples since its esentially "your production".

It is perfectly legal for Loren to take the MIDI and convert to audio. It would be no different than any other major producer to use the Slate samples in a commercial album. As already stated, as long as he's not giving the individual samples away (the actual gog files bit for bit), he's fine.

It's my understanding that I can't give him raw samples, but I don't know if what is intended here falls under that as I'm obviously not going to send him multi samples.

"You do not distribute or sell any of the RAW drum samples on the disc"

But I'm a little leary now, so I guess I will just wait for him to find out if this is cool. :D

By the way I liked this little clause Mr Slate:

"You do not use the drum sample disc to harm others, such as by hitting them with the disc or closing the disc's case on their fingers"

Gave me a :lol:.