Can They Top DISMANTLING DEVOTION?

thats actually a really good question. dismantling is truly a classic.
theyre gonna need some over the top stuff to do it.
i'm hoping for a dvd next, after the third album. i never got to see these guys live.

but anyways we'll find out soon if theyre best is yet to come

Will be hard to top Dismantling Devotion for sure, but I have faith. Can't wait to see them on the support tour for the new album!

I have seen them a couple of times, and they are definitely one of the best live bands around.
I was discussing it again with some folks on the Melloboat past weekend, every time the topic best/most intense concert experience comes up, the Daylight Dies concert in Utrecht 5 years ago (DAMN how time flies) springs to my mind immediately. I have seen many great gigs, but this one tops them all, just half an hour (5 songs) they played, but holy shit, from the second the intro tape started I was utterly entranced and remained so for the rest of the night. Katatonia also played that night, but I have no recollection at all from their concert..

I think it will be half and half. lets be honest I cant imagine a new song better then Strive to See... I think some of the cd will be better then Dismantaling Devotion, but I think the other songs will be on par. There isn't a recorded Daylight Dies song that I don't like so I have every ounce of Faith that I'll be listening to the new disc non stop...
or at least until new opeth comes out the following month :)

I've only listened to Lost to the Living once so far (listened to it last night) so I don't know if it can't top it but it's pretty damn good so far.

I'm probably gonna do the pre-order with the t-shirt deal once I get more graduation money. :)

overall I think dismantling devotion was a good evolution from no reply (with the exception of I wait my favourite song) and I think they can make a similar improvement for lost to the living. I am hoping for more deep lyrics like those found in a life less lived and solitary refinement with more of the excellent composing ala title track dismantling devotion. I have high hopes but i am certain they wont dissapoint.

as a side note metallives666 "they can and did
the new album kicks ass" are you from the future and have actually heard the new album or what?

overall I think dismantling devotion was a good evolution from no reply (with the exception of I wait my favourite song) and I think they can make a similar improvement for lost to the living. I am hoping for more deep lyrics like those found in a life less lived and solitary refinement with more of the excellent composing ala title track dismantling devotion. I have high hopes but i am certain they wont dissapoint.

as a side note metallives666 "they can and did
the new album kicks ass" are you from the future and have actually heard the new album or what?

Umm the album leaked like 2 weeks ago haha :heh:

But don't worry.....I'm pre-ordering the cd/shirt tomorrow. I just need to get my bank account and new paypal account.

Just saw them live in Portland Oregon. Great guys. Great show. I left before shitty Candlemass.

Daylight Dies sounded on the top of their game. Real tight and emotionally involving

Setlist as I recall was

A Life Less Lived
A Portrait In White
A Dream Resigned
I Wait
Cathedral

Only depressing part was there were about 20 maybe 30 people at the show

You got lucky to hear I Wait live. That would be amazing. When I saw them on the first date, they played Four Corners instead.

The set was:
A Life Less Lived
A Portrait In White
A Dream Resigned
Cathedral (Fucking awesome, cannot wait to hear the album version)
Lies That Bind
Four Corners

^^^ That was the exact same set we got in Minnesota.

The Show we saw was fantastic and the only "problem" with the sound was definately to my benefit. My friends and I were standing right infront of Mr.Gambling and His guitar was Real loud, to the point that we couldn't really hear Mr. Shackelford or anything but the Lead Guitar and Vocals. Which I though was Fantastic! no offense to the rest of the band but "A Portrait in White" sounded soooooo good live, my buddy leaked the album and there is no doubt in my mind that Cathedral and the single sounded better live then on the cd (which both him and I have pre-ordered at out local music shop)
And I got to talk to Barre after the show about Candlemass and a possible Europe Tour which was pretty cool. good luck to you guys if that happens and We look foward to seeing you in Minnesota again. Hopefully with another badass line-up.

PS: Really Metal Heads no one noticed I wrote the wrong Opeth Date? I was waiting for July and all of a sudden BAM! "hey man you buy the new Opeth yet?" WHAT?!
If you like Daylight Dies you should probaly listen to them too!

Dream Tour::: DAYLIGHT DIES, OPETH, KATATONIA.... then at the end all 3 bands make an allstar team and play some Bloodbath tracks