Can we make a thread on...

challenge_everything

Feb 9, 2006
great southern wasteland
I was browsing the Metal 2007 thread and I had a thought that we should have a separate thread on albums that have actually been released, as an 'alert' to the rest of us who might be interested enough to buy, but not keep tabs on the particular band.

I always want to know what albums are out, but it's hard to keep up to date.

So maybe we can simply list:
Band, album name, label, release date info (if it has only been released in part of the world), genre.

And maybe a few short words about whether it's any good if you've heard it.

Does anyone else think this would be useful and if so, can we make it sticky?

With this, or the other thread...I don't really see the point of making a database for albums of 2007 because its impossible to keep up. I remember looking at a list from 2006 and noticed that numerous amounts of albums I listened to were noticeably absent.

Ok, I have no problem with that and I certainly don't mind discussing albums from this year or even last year - I actually keep track of albums I own or have downloaded with some sort of MS Database program.

However, my point was it is very difficult to keep track of what is out there and especially through this fashion...in a thread format especially where you'd have to scroll through posts and pages to know what's been listed...unless there is a list where I can view all albums that have already been given here?

^ Good point. Going through page after page does get annoying. esp if it is 50 pages worth.

Unless you're constantly watching the thread, heh.

Mods? We found work for you! :lol:

Ok, I have no problem with that and I certainly don't mind discussing albums from this year or even last year - I actually keep track of albums I own or have downloaded with some sort of MS Database program.

However, my point was it is very difficult to keep track of what is out there and especially through this fashion...in a thread format especially where you'd have to scroll through posts and pages to know what's been listed...unless there is a list where I can view all albums that have already been given here?

Yeah fair point. But the existing Metal 2007 thread has the same problem.

When I post info on new albums in that thread, I tend to list the release date(s) as I usually post info for albums that haven't been released yet. Most often it's that case because info such as title and label are released well ahead of the actual date it hits shelves.