can we maybe talk about metal?

avi

W3RK3R
Aug 21, 2002
Oly, WA
www.itsatrap.com
I mean, just a little?

I guess Newsted joined Voivod and I'm curious to hear what other people think about that and the return of Snake and so forth.

And if you haven't heard them- Cult of Luna is badass Neurosis-esque doom and they should be investigated.

radonarmorgun77sm.jpg
sauceropen.jpg

I think the return of Snake is a good thing, although I really do love PHOBOS. I haven't heard any of the new Voivod stuff but I bet it is pretty cool, at the very least.

Larry & Joe (gtr and drums in our band) were always big Voivod fans (along with Mekong Delta, Watchtower, etc) and are psyched for that crazy tour that's coming through with them in January. I'll probably go to that too, with Napalm and SYL and all. Anyway, they're totally psyched about Snake being in the band again.

actually Voivod is off that tour and are gonna do their own thing, or so says Blabbermouth this morning.

I really want to see them again, too. Even as a 3-piece, they were pretty awesome.

I think Newsted joining Voivod is fucking awesome. I think he's an amazing dude ( as greg will attest) and he should be in a band he loves...as for the Voivod end, i think he'll fit in very well, adn we all know they get along great. Nothing but good can come of this!

oh, no shit?
wow. well, SYL is still a must see- saw them on that testament tour a few yrs back, and they were amazing. first band i had seen to actually wear the crowd out- they went through the first 2 tracks on City and went into something even faster, and people actually stopped moshing/thrashing because they couldn't keep up. and i've never seen napalm death.