Cancelled Nightwish gigs

23.09.2008 - THE SHOW IN KNOXVILLE CANCELLED

Nightwish`s show tonight in Knoxville is cancelled due to Anette`s sudden severe illness. We will keep you informed about the situation of the remaining U.S. shows. We are very, very sorry about this, there`s nothing anybody can do about these things.

Even though Sonata Arctica will play tonight, all the tickets will be fully refunded by the promoter.

Thank you for understanding.

Obviously Anette got a sudden high fever and has lost her voice completely today.

More information later on www.nightwish.com

It might have been from the St. Pete show. Both bands were saying...or rather asked "how do you deal with this heat?" Living here, I tend to get flu-like in the summer a few times every year. She was sweating big time onstage. Her red dress was drenched halfway through their set.

I'm quite sure Anette will hit the stage if it's physically possible for her to sing. They might drop the more challenging songs and favor the easier to let her save her vocal cords, but cancelling a show has always been the last choice. And Sonata will perform even when Nw can't like they did last night in Knoxville.

Right now tonight's show in Charlotte is still on as scheduled since there's no information about cancelling it on www.nightwish.com

www.nightwish.com

24.09.2008 - Also the show in Charlotte cancelled

Nightwish`s show tonight in Charlotte is also cancelled due to Anette`s sudden severe illness. We will keep you informed about the situation of the remaining U.S. shows in Baltimore and New York. We are very, very sorry about this, there`s nothing anybody can do about these things.

Even though Sonata Arctica will play again tonight, all the tickets will be fully refunded by the promoter.

The meet and greet at the Finnish embassy in Washinton DC on 25th is still on the schedule.

I was going to merge these two threads but it doesn't allow me to rename the topic like Nightwish forum does. :(

Anyway, this is so sad...I was reading the post on Nightwish forum by the person whose brother has cancer and the only thing that was making his life worthwhile was going to see Nightwish. I really hope they are able to make up these shows. Reading that just about broke my heart.
crying.gif

Annette has been a real trooper with this pretty vigorous tour. On a long enough tour somebody is bound to come down with major crud and not be able to perform.

The important thing is she gets taken care of and come back to full health.

Jim

I have wondered if this is the longest tour she and or NW as a whole has ever done?

A vocalist is the most sensitive to issues so next go around they need to schedule as to not tax her voice too much. That was one thing mentioned about Tarja's reluctance to tour but sufficient rest for the vocals is very valid.

Jim

Unless Anette is dead or near death, I doubt VERY seriously they cancel a huge payday in NYC. AEG, Roadrunner, and Warner Music will be doing everything short of hiring an Anette impersonator to make sure Nokia gets in. I DO believe that the VIPs will get screwed out of meeting Anette, though.

BTW, Moscow is in two weeks.

Hmm, maybe that gives them a little leg room to make up these cancelled shows and still have time to haul ass back to Europe.

Negative. We also do not know how long they are legally permitted to play here on this leg.

Here is a briefing from the Boys from Karelia:

Nightwish`s show in Baltimore is also cancelled due to Anette`s illness. We will keep you informed about the situation of the show in New York.

Even though Sonata Arctica will play tonight, all the tickets will be fully refunded by the promoter.

Also, TicketBastard is advertising $17.50 seats for Nokia. Problem is that they just put that price up yesterday. It can only mean that you can stick a fork into the US tour, it is done.

From the Nokia page (http://nokiatheatrenyc.com/eventdetail.php?id=18483):

"JUST RELEASED (Sept. 26, 2008) - Fans of metal band Sonata Arctica and special guest MARTYRD will be treated to a FREE concert on Saturday! Fellow Finnish rockers Nightwish, also originally set to perform at Saturday night's show, have cancelled their performance due to lead singer Annette Olzon's sudden illness. The rest of the band's members will be at the show to meet-and-greet fans as well as sign autographs. Sonata Arctica will go peform at 9pm. Ticket holders will be issued refunds at points of purchase."