Candiria

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Anyone else here like them? I would say that they are my favorite hardcore band. I just busted out my Candiria CDs for the first time in a long time. I forgot how cool they were. They definitely seem to be the most talented and innovative hardcore band out there.

I have all 4 of their CDs. I really don't know if I like them or not. THey seem to be all over the place without any cohesiveness whatsoever. However, I haven't given up on them.

I liked them since I was 17 back in the day (only 2 years ago but). Dont they got some heavy metal in their sound?

A little metal, but for the most part they stick to hardcore jazz and rap. Sadly they usually play them seperately, but they rule when they do them all together in the same song. But actually I like the hip hop tracks the best. "I rhyme once and I shine / rhyme twice and recline"

A little metal, but for the most part they stick to hardcore jazz and rap. Sadly they usually play them seperately, but they rule when they do them all together in the same song. But actually I like the hip hop tracks the best. "I rhyme once and I shine / rhyme twice and recline"
Creative, odd stuff they do. They sound along the lines of Dog Fashion Disco. "Temples of Sickness" is such a great funky song.

Yeah, the Candiria rap tracks are the only rap I actually like.
Indeed. I think most rapcore fucking blows like Papa Roach and their winy ilk but Candiria do it right.

If you like Candiria's straight up rap stuff you should like other similar rap stuff.

I suggest these albums:

Dalek - From the Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots (get this one and you will not be disappointed, at least download some of it)
Atmosphere - Seven's Travels
El-P - Fantastic Damage

The problem with even these albums is that pretty much every hip hop album I've ever heard is hit or miss. Sometimes the songs rule, other times they are just there... and the albums almost always have a large amount of filler. They are usually like 60 - 70 minutes long, but at least 20 minutes of them are usually filler. It's probably best to just download hip hop albums and remove the filler and crap songs and make your own albums.

Real instruments... not really. Dalek has some guitars, but mostly they have primarily electronic music. The lyrics aren't about bitches and hoes at all though. They have a lot of anger and meaning behind their lyrics, which is far better than your typical 50 Cent-esque drivel. I hate mainstream hip hop with a passion, but there's a lot of great underground stuff.