Cannibal Corpse is the most insane band on the planet. Seriously.

lurch70 said:
I am ging to see Slick Rick tonight (flame suit on)
No flame here! I'd love to see MC Ricky D.

Relax your mind, and folks unwind
And be kind to a rhythm that you hardly find
And off we go, let the trumpets blow
Well hold on, because the driver of the mission is a pro
The ruler's back

Woah, that's cool. It's the night after Opeth so it might be tough, but still, it's an idea worth planning for.
Just listening to the ETE songs from their site ... this band rips !!!
I know it might be tough for you guys after the Opeth show, but I will go and check them out either way.

Who else on this board is from the NY area?

lurch70 said:
Just listening to the ETE songs from their site ... this band rips !!!
Seriously man, I don't know what more I can do for these guys. They've been waiting around for Jack Frost to record their next demo, but seems like he's always tied up with his Seven Witches thing, but they're keen anyhow to get into a NY studio with a producer that knows how to record "metal". Apparently that is key, so if you know anyone Aurel let me know and I'll pass the info on to the band.

I know it might be tough for you guys after the Opeth show, but I will go and check them out either way.
I will try my hardest, but either way, you have to see them. Especially knowing your tastes.

Who else on this board is from the NY area?
Me, you, Gugs, Zod, Dark One, Demonspell, er...I'm sure there's a couple of others I'm forgetting. D'oh.

Apparently that is key, so if you know anyone Aurel let me know and I'll pass the info on to the band.
Well, the only band I know, Kill by Inches (www.killbyinches.com) records at Sabella Studios in LI. Jim Sabella is the producer and he worked with some national acts .. check out some of their song samples on the site. I like the thick production a lot, but do not like the bands musical style. One fo my good friends used to play lead for them in an earlier incarnation this is how I know them.

This band also records there: http://www.pyrexia.us/lo-fi/
They are a great thrash/death metal band from LI that has been around forever. I believe that their guitar player recently joined Suffocation.

Black Winter Day said:
i think it depends on the fanbase. you shoulda seen the symphony x fans when i went to see devin townsend... tall and proud like statues, supreme in their knowledge that the 4 opening bands were inferior to theirs and, thus, not worth acknowledging.
:lol: That's cool!

What songs did Hypocrisy play? They had a good mix of everything when I saw them, but they still don't have the best live environment tone.

I don't know Hypocrisy song titles, so I really can't tell you. What I can tell you is that for about 3/4 of their set, I was raising my hands up and down as if I were a turd at a hip hop or nu-metal show. It was also amusing making fun of how homosexual they all dress. Seeing the Son of Northern Beergut without corpsepaint was neat though.

Bumpity bump and back on topic, which is CANNIBAL CORPSE and their latest The Wretched Spawn. How many have actually listened to it? I'm jammin it on headphones, which is how you must listen to this release.

Neil Kernon did yet another amazing job on a death metal release. He's got quite a resume now in the genre.

Even given all the bbeeps and sht, the Wretched Spawsn rules. Gonna have to pick them shits up soon eough............

NK said:
for the kind words. I'm very happy with the way the album came out too.

Neil K. :yell:

I really liked that Heaven's Edge disc you did back in the days ... no really! :headbang:

I used to have that on tape lost it ... cannot find it anywhere for years on CD

Let's get some more general discussion going on this band. I've been listening to "Live Cannibalism" and it absoleutly rules. So, I'm inspired to go out and buy a whole bunch of stuff from these guys as a part of my quest to go back and get all the essentials I've missed. I've got Bloodthirst and I think I'm aiming at pretty much everything that came before it. Let me hear what some of you gentlemen think of their work.

Also, anyone have the box set? Opinions?

Now to go dig out that old Ace Ventura video to check out their cameo in it. :loco:

Everyone needs Vile. Vile fucking rules. The others range from pretty good to awesome, but Vile. Fuck me that album rules.

from my experience, you can dip into any of their records and find some gems. VILE is a godo place to start like NAD said.