Can't change sample rate in Cubase 5.

Keregioz

Kimon Zeliotis
Aug 31, 2001
Athens, Greece
Visit site
I have a project a guy gave me which was recorded in 48Khz but whenever I try to open it in cubase I get the message "Sample rate could not be changed. This may be due to the sample clock being in external sync".
Since I always record in 44.1Khz I never noticed this but I found out that I can't change the sample rate even in new projects. In the project settings there's only a "44.1Khz" option.
I have a focusrite saffire pro 24, I tried to change the sample rate to 48Khz through its control panel but as soon as I start cubase it goes back to 44.1 and I can't change it.

I have no problems changing sample rate in nuendo3, but for some unknown reason this specific project won't open there.

Do you guys have any ideas or is converting the whole project in 44.1khz the only option?

I also experienced this one.I have an edirol soundcard which should be able to do 96 kHz. But it couldn't on every computer/daw. Sometime it only displayed 44.1 kHz as possibility. Changed from the edirol driver to the asio4all and 96 kHz worked. So I guess its a driver problem rather. But when the same soundcard driver works on Nuendo in the same setup its strange.
You should ask in the Steinberg forum.