Can't wait for their next release

Triaxis

New Metal Member
Jun 1, 2012
Yep, they're still touring for the current release and I'm already looking forward to their next. I hope we don't have to wait two years or more.

For the first time I love Romeos guitar tone and not just his playing, his new tone is just cool as hell and their songwriting has definitely been elevated as well (not that it needed it).

*Braces self for ensuing shit storm from old-school fans*

In all seriousness though, I am interested to see where the band goes from here. I'm hoping it's going to be a departure from the current sound, but at the same time not a complete return to the old one (so basically, I'm hoping they will either achieve a happy medium or do something else entirely). Since apparently they're taking the summer to start writing, I think we can expect the next album to be out in late 2013/early 2014. Here's to hoping the whole band is going to be fully involved in the writing process this time around.

Here's to hoping the whole band is going to be fully involved in the writing process this time around.

Couldn't say it better myself. MJR being pretty much the sole songwriter on the last two albums is, in my opinion, why most of the songs sound same-ish. I hope that if P, LePond, and Rullo contribute, they add some more progressive elements to the music instead of more crunch-crunch riff fests.

I think Romeo already said we should expect a 2014 release, which kinda sucks because I thought they'll be aiming for 2013 especially after all the waiting we had to go through with PL and IC.

(inb4 a post from Sauna/Ken/etc. saying waiting for albums to come out fast is retarded and I should go listen to other music... Yes I do that already, I'm just saying :p)

Romeo's tone in IC is definitely good and "right" for the album. But my favorite is V's, especially the lead tone. Almost magical. More proof that guitar tone does not have to be "in your face" to be "good".

2014, let's hope that doesn't turn into 2041... sorry couldn't resist. But really, I'm thinking late 2014 - 2015 if they keep touring constantly.

I have to agree about the tone. It doesn't means nothing on its own, but rather it relates to the rest (song, lyrics, tonal aproach...). For me, since V Romeo's been giving lessons. The best distorted palm muting sound ever is in Fallen.

Not looking forward. No point in waiting on them if they've shown they're not interested in making the type of music I'm interested in. Cheers to them for doing whatever they want, and I hope everyone who goes to their shows now has fun. But, I cant realistically hope they'll do anything else I'll enjoy, so I'll just move on and wait for other things.

Not looking forward. No point in waiting on them if they've shown they're not interested in making the type of music I'm interested in. Cheers to them for doing whatever they want, and I hope everyone who goes to their shows now has fun. But, I cant realistically hope they'll do anything else I'll enjoy, so I'll just move on and wait for other things.

+1...

I also feel this way about Pain of Salvation....

I never thought I wouldn't be excited for a new release from either of these bands but here we are....