carcass fans...

What I like about Carcass is that their riffs are pretty catchy and it gets stuck in my head. I liked the Heartwork album so what other albums can you all recommend?

wow! Is that the only album you have heard? Shit! Well you better get Necrotism-Discanting The Insalubrious quick smart. Then I'd get Symphonys Of Sickness, Reek Of Putrification and then Swan Song. In that order. They also have a couple of cool E.P.s that are worth tracking down if you can. The Heartwork E.P. and Incranated Solvent Abuse E.P. (I think it's that one) I have it on The Gods Of Grind compilation so I'm not sure on the title of that one.

@union9: I think you mean the "Tools of the Trade" EP....with Rot 'n' Roll and Pyosisified (Still Rotten....). That is a pretty good way to start out, MURAI, .....just don't under any circumstances get Reek first...you gotta ease your way backwards :).

Well..maybe I´m an exception what comes to my age and taste of metal music..you see, I´m 21 years old and some two years younger people listens to only " nowadays " metal, these new styles of melodic deathmetal, synthic black metal..or something like that..they have crew up with late of 90`s trend and some of them maybe never heard about old school death and grindmetal...like Carcass example, or Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death...( many many more from these genres.. )
So Carcass fans are most of older ( 25-30 yéars old male ) and deathmetal almost disappeared in the middle of 90`s...
I wish i was born earlier and crew up my teenage years in the early of 90`s middle of deathmetalage:)
Sorry, my english isn`t perfect, but hopefully you understood what i tried to say..:confused: ;)

I got to do some downloading to then.. I rember I heard some songs from their Swansong album before and I dont think that melodic death metal sound fits them too well though. I never have had any Carcass album but I was listening to them from last year so it was when I was 17. I haven't heard any Autopsy before but I know a lot of old school grind/death bands like Entombed and Morbid Angel and I like them more than most of the newer metal bands out now.

I never was to keen on Swansong. On first listen I was totally dissapointed, but it grow's on you...a little. I rarely yearn to put on these days. But in saying that, it is still worth cheking out. Some people rate this disc highly, but I for one, don't.