Carcass - Swansong

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
Why do people shit on this CD? Put plain and simply, it rocks! Granted it's no Necroticism, Heartwork or even Symphonies of Sickness, but it's still worthy to wear the mighty name of Carcass.

Did Entombed catch as much flack when they went death n' roll?

Swansong is hardly a sellout like many like to claim.

Yeah its got some insane hooks and grooves. I have always found it hard not to do a little headbanging to this record. Its a involuntary reaction.

Yeah Swansong rules. My favorite Carcass song, Blood Spattered Banner, comes from the Swansong recording sessions (found on the excellent Wake Up and Smell the Carcass compilation). I always thought Carcass was a pretty unique group in that they began with one of the most violent and disgusting albums in history, and gradually mellowed out with each successive album while still kicking all kinds of ass.

Blackstar (same lineup as Swansong sans Bill Steer) was in a similar style, but not as good.

oh yeah, Wake Up and Smell the Carcass is as good a comp as I've heard. I love that one as well.

does the newest comp, just released, offer anything new?

Looks like some previously unreleased Peel Sessions stuff, and that's it. I thought everything was already released, might have to pick it up now. Or not, since I listened to the Peel Sessions disc a total of exactly 1 time.

Papa Josh once again proves his bad taste
Swansong: Its great, its my second fav Carcass album (after Heartwork), its like Megadeth grooving on death metal. Contains again great riffing for seminars.

IOfTheStorm said:
Papa Josh once again proves his bad taste
Swansong: Its great, its my second fav Carcass album (after Heartwork), its like Megadeth grooving on death metal. Contains again great riffing for seminars.

IOftheStorm once again proves his all out pussdom. next thing you know, you'll be telling us how monumental Cold Lake was for Celtic Frost!!!

Cherry Orchrads, anyone?
BLOWME.gif

I don't think it's a pussy album or a sell-out. It's just groovin' death metal. If it had been released by a no-name band, no one would criticize it.

Just try to imagine Carcass didn't release it, and I bet most people would enjoy some of it.

J. said:
I don't think it's a pussy album or a sell-out. It's just groovin' death metal. If it had been released by a no-name band, no one would criticize it.

Just try to imagine Carcass didn't release it, and I bet most people would enjoy some of it.

I've tried to imagine that carcass didn't release it ever since it came out....

Didn't work.
brickwall.gif

Incarnated Solvent Abuse is the absolute best Carcass song. That said, im still on the fence with Swansong. First couple times I heard it I thought it was alittle bland. Somtimes I listen to songs like "keep on rotting in the free world" and "go to hell" and I wonder why everyone hates this album. Ive had it for 6 months or so now so I suppose this one will either grow more or fade on me.

Fuck, this thread is making me want to listen to Carcass. I think I'm going to go on a Carcass spree with my three albums for the next couple of days: Heartwork, Symphonies, and Reek.

I got Swansong about a year after it came out and at first I was thinking WTF WHERHES HEARTOWTKER LOLTGZ but it quickly grew on me as a solid rock album that I love.
En Vind Av Sorg said:
Incarnated Solvent Abuse is the absolute best Carcass song.
That is pretty much a highlight of death metal, yes.

JayK, you shall hear Necroticism and go ape doodoo, oh yes, yes you shall. :Smokedev: