Castlevania movie

Pablokers

Huge Member
Feb 13, 2008
A few years ago this movie came into development. Paul W.S. Anderson was going to make it. I was absolutely appalled since its one of my favourite Video Game Franchises of all time and I didnt want him to ruin it just like he did with "Mortal Kombat" "Resident Evil" & the total crap-fest that is "Alien Vs Predator".

However Anderson is now out of the picture. In comes "Saw" creator and director of the first film, James Wan.

Here's the article from http://www.bloody-disgusting.com

Bloody-Disgusting can exclusively announce here that James Wan, the co-mastermind behind the Saw franchise, and director of Dead Silence and Death Sentence, will be co-writing and directing Castlevania! Inside you'll find a tid-bit from Wan about his forthcoming adaptation. Sylvain White was originally slated to direct. Castlevania is an adaptation of the popular NES game from the 80's that has since become a massive video game franchise.

"I'm very fresh on this project, so its early stages and I'm still trying to work things out, but the producers love my vision for it," James Wan tells Bloody-Disgusting in an exclusive chat. "I'll be working on the script with a writer to give it a new spin, different to the previous versions. This will have my stamp on it which Konami is very excited about.

"The thing I love about what Konami did with Castlevania, was taking the iconic Dracula mythology and Eastern-European setting, and retelling it with a Japanese pop-cultural sensibility," he continues. "That’s the East-meets-West tone I want to visually expand on for the film. I’m thrilled by the opportunity to make a highly stylized, fantasy, action film that focuses on the gothic storyline and the cool, anime-like characters. For once, the human hero is as sexy and dangerous as the vampire villain, and his weapon of choice was what attracted me to the project in the first place – The Vampire Killer Whip.”

Now that sound more like it!

Symphony of the Night was incredible, but I've never played any of the other ones...

BUT, videogame movies = suckage so I have low expectations.

Symphony of the Night was incredible, but I've never played any of the other ones...

BUT, videogame movies = suckage so I have low expectations.

Silent Hill wasn't that bad
I thought it was creepy and disturbing, it didn't follow the game, but it was still a good movie.

yeah silent hill was alright, absolutely no need for all the exposition at the end, and sean bean is shit at being american, but it was alright, they got the look of the games, but the siren was WRONG, and pyramid head was very underused.

a castlevania film is in no way needed, it will be pants, just like the resident evil films, although bits of the 2nd one were entertaining, and jill valentine was ridiculously HOT.

a castlevania film is in no way needed, it will be pants, just like the resident evil films, although bits of the 2nd one were entertaining, and jill valentine was ridiculously HOT.

I thought resi evil 1 was a good film, 2nd was ok but i agree Jill was incredibly hot, 3rd film was shite

On topic ive only played the castlevania game that was on the gameboy advance, loved that game but cudnt complete it cudnt beat dracula or the huge level with the different stages n rooms, dunno how the film will turn out, my guess is shite

yeah silent hill was alright, absolutely no need for all the exposition at the end, and sean bean is shit at being american, but it was alright, they got the look of the games, but the siren was WRONG, and pyramid head was very underused.

Being an American myself, he wasn't that bad, the only reason I could tell he wasn't American is because it's Sean Bean

Being an American myself, he wasn't that bad, the only reason I could tell he wasn't American is because it's Sean Bean

actually yeah good point, its because i KNOW hes sean bean and should be saying things like...

"ere love whack us the ket'le on ta"

"ere frodo gi' us that bloody ring y' lit'le sod"

anyway castlevania, surely that will be a hard film to sell, a little dude going round on platforms from side to side whacking light fixtures to find hearts in them, occasionally fighting a massive boss that hardly fits on the screen. oooo