CATCH 22 re-release/re-recording

YE! why not Penetralia! I don't like that album I don't like Masse Broberg! His growls sucks!

In my personal opinion, I think 'Osculum Obscenum' is the worst Hypocrisy album, production wise. 'The Fourth Dimension' is the best album out of the first 3 albums (which all have fairly crap production) so I'd pick that one for a redo, that's if I was Peter!

Like I said once, Peter has already redone Apocalypse and 4th dimension song in 2001 for 10 years, and has redone the abyss for the Arrival, I doubt he would re-do these songs AGAIN plus the rest of the album, he must feel that he is through with this album. But again, the fact that he is redoing catch 22 kinda eludes me...I wished he would have looked straight forward instead of trying to make amends for the past

Like I said once, Peter has already redone Apocalypse and 4th dimension song in 2001 for 10 years, and has redone the abyss for the Arrival, I doubt he would re-do these songs AGAIN plus the rest of the album, he must feel that he is through with this album. But again, the fact that he is redoing catch 22 kinda eludes me...I wished he would have looked straight forward instead of trying to make amends for the past
I'd rather have one re-recorded Fourth Dimension song than all of Catch 22 re-recorded.

well what we want anyway is rather irrelevant in that case, what we get is all that matters
In peter we trust

just fucking sucks for the postposing

I now hope that the postponing of Catch 22 2008 will not also affect the release date of the new album coming in 1 year

I wished he would have looked straight forward instead of trying to make amends for the past

I agree with you! why go back in time and amends something that he at the first time probably liked? And if he diden't why did he release it then?

But In Peter we trust!:kickass:

I don't know why you guys still have hopes. Did you not listen to Catch 22 the first time? This is going to be just a repeat of an unmitigated disaster, and the latest update proves it: "Becouse we still think it is a great fucking album but it got slammed and misunderstood becouse of the vocal style and the drumsound and so on."

Quite clearly they have no ability to judge the album objectively, because it wasn't the vocal style or drumsound that were the main problem (even though they were problems), it was the fact that the guitars on that album were the most simplistic of any Hypocrisy album ever.

Dress up the vocals and drums however you want, the guitars will remain as boring as they were before.

I'm mostly pissed they're spending time dicking around with this rather than working on something that will be listenable.

it was the fact that the guitars on that album were the most simplistic of any Hypocrisy album ever.

*EARTH TO BOB*

The guitars in Hypocrisy never were really complex, and its certainely isnt the reason why this band is so totally good. Take songs like LIES for instance, or Fire in the sky, they rock, but the guitars are far from being elaborated. Or Roswell 47 too, or the arrival of the demons part 2 etc etc

Few Hypocrisy songs really have complex guitars, but ANOTHER DEAD END from Catch 22 would be one of them. The reason why CATCH 22 is a significant notch under the rest is NOT the guitars, nor is it the drum or the vocals. its the whole package. Everything sounds less death metal and more numetal/metalcore.

it was the fact that the guitars on that album were the most simplistic of any Hypocrisy album ever.

*EARTH TO BOB*

The guitars in Hypocrisy never were really complex, and its certainely isnt the reason why this band is so totally good. Take songs like LIES for instance, or Fire in the sky, they rock, but the guitars are far from being elaborated. Or Roswell 47 too, or the arrival of the demons part 2 etc etc

Few Hypocrisy songs really have complex guitars, but ANOTHER DEAD END from Catch 22 would be one of them. The reason why CATCH 22 is a significant notch under the rest is NOT the guitars, nor is it the drum or the vocals. its the whole package. Everything sounds less death metal and more numetal/metalcore.
EARTH TO SUPERNOVA

More simplistic = comparative statement. In relation to previous albums. Saying alot of Hypocrisy songs are simple means nothing, because I said Catch 22 is more simplistic.

It sounded like they took Into the Abyss and took out every single piece of interesting guitar work.

I really dont see how Catch 22 and Into the abyss compare, not at all
The whole pholisophies behind these albums are totally different, one sound more like old skool blackened death metal and the other sounded (back then) like actual metalcore with a slight touch of death metal. The guitars are far from being the only difference between those two

as I said, Hypocrisy never was a complex guitars band so its certainely not the only thing that lacks in 22.

Take Suffocation, now THAT is a complex guitars band

I really dont see how Catch 22 and Into the abyss compare, not at all
The whole pholisophies behind these albums are totally different, one sound more like old skool blackened death metal and the other sounded (back then) like actual metalcore with a slight touch of death metal. The guitars are far from being the only difference between those two

as I said, Hypocrisy never was a complex guitars band so its certainely not the only thing that lacks in 22.

Take Suffocation, now THAT is a complex guitars band
Dude. Comparative. How is this so hard? Never said Hypocrisy was complex, just said Catch 22 was less complex. Compare the dual guitar work of any random song on the self-titled album to the stupid riffs on Catch 22, and you can easily see what I'm talking about. Hell, compare songs from the previous album (Fire in the Sky, Deathrow (No Regrets), Sodomized, Unfold the Sorrow) to any song on Catch 22, and you'll find that the Into the Abyss songs have far more depth of guitarwork.

And there's no part of Catch 22 that is metalcore. It was a blend of nu-metal (ala Pain) and death metal.

maybe catch 22 is less complex than other albums if we talk about guitars
but its not what makes this album less appealing, IMO, its the WHOLE thing, and maybe yes, the less complex structures and guitar riffs are part of the whole package.

But adding another lead guitar track over public puttet would not really make it better

I don't get it, why re-record the least fitting album in the hypocrisy catalogue imho? To fit it back with the right guitarsound and the right growls again would not make this album better...

Supernova, i have to agree with you on this one.

maybe catch 22 is less complex than other albums if we talk about guitars
but its not what makes this album less appealing, IMO, its the WHOLE thing, and maybe yes, the less complex structures and guitar riffs are part of the whole package.

But adding another lead guitar track over public puttet would not really make it better
Because that would still include the original shitty guitars.

If they just put in new guitars up to Hypocrisy standards, and fit it in with the Catch 22 vocals and drums, that would be a perfectly fine album.

I don't know why you think I said the guitars are the WHOLE thing. In fact, that was the reason I used the word MAIN. As in, MAJORITY.

My point is, no matter how much they fuck with the drums and vocals, the guitars are at least 60% of the problem, and the album will still blow. If they fix the guitars, MORE of the album will be fixed than if they had only fixed the drums and vocals, but not ALL of it.

In order to make Catch 22 a good album, they have to scratch the whole fucking thing.

So they might as well make a new album instead of retreading over their shittiest ground.

Dunno
I dont like the way Peter hallucinates that he is the singer of Slipknots on catch 22
I dont like the fact that the snare sounds like a fucking Pepsi can on catch 22

for me, the guitars are part of the problem, but not the MAIN problem

its just my opinion

just been listerning to catch22 they may not be technical riffts but they are hardly the most simple in deathmetal terms
a rerecording of this album will benifit so much from better production drums and death vocals anything peter has done dont ferget the rest off the band have been very good cos that seems to be happening on this thread it may not be just his idea but in the end i think its a good idea and i cant wait for it and there new album
all i no is you cant russ an album cos if you do that it will be shit and by the way they most likely have started from scratch to rerecord it because lets face it we have been waiting ages for any updates almost a year then we get the catch 22 update so in my opinion they have started from scratch cos if they didint why take soo long ???