Catch 22.V.08 Thread

I agree with some point you mentionned

Indeed, I didnt like A public puppet much b4, and I dont like it much more now...

The ''Slipnot'' part in Dont judge me is still bad...anyway

Now that I think of it, do I really like the new catch 22 better than the original one? No, not really

Cuz I have much more respect for an album created from scrap than an album that consists of a slight remix of the original one...

Yes, the drum sounds much better, and I like a few songs better now, like Uncontrolled...Dont judge me

I see this like a guy who scored 82% at a test, then does the same test again, and scores 84%

84% *is better than 82%

but, which result would you respect the most? think about it

But Dib, tell me, you didnt like Virus?
I think Peter fucking delivered with this album, and I think he is on the good path for the way Hypocrisy sounds. Thing is, Peter is too invloved with Pain since the last 2 years, and he didnt took the time for Hypo, catch 22 remix seems to me like an EASY way to satisfy the hunger of the fans...

But Im not filled, not at all

Thats just my opinion everyone, and Im a very critical person

fucking cool this new album, sounds completely chanched but you still see its the same.

YEAH THE HYPOCRISY VIRUS :kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang:

you know in "destroyed" there is a short part, sounding now so grooovy, wqith the drums..i guess you know whar i mean, when i hear it i always just want to headbang around :headbang::headbang:

Supernova, i like virus, but since the catch 22 album peter uses some riffs that i not like at all... warpath for me is fuckin awesome, scrutinized also is fuckin great but take me some time to feeling that... fearless is what i call a "hypocrisy song", like fire in the sky, roswell 47, fractured millenium, eraser, etc, and for me it's ok, i like it so fuckin much...

now, the other side

when i listened to the rest... craving for another killing, let the knife do the talking, blooddrenched and compulsive psychosis, i have not much feeling with them, maybe because they are in a more "modern way"... brutal but modern... and as i said before, it's thing of taste

with virus i think peter take some elements of some hypocrisy albums and make a new one... living to die is the other formula for a hypocrisy song, slow-clean songs but its not very succesfull in what it tries to do... in my opinion not a great song

and i'm agree with you, remix catch 22 is a way to show the fans that hypocrisy is not dead

i think i like hypocrisy in a less complex way (as peter said the new album will be), the fourth dimension, abducted, final chapter and self titled albums are my favorites, maybe not modern as catch22...

i think the new one will be great

cheers :kickass:

maybe this is the moment for a "out of pressure" album... arrival generate expectations because it followed the controvertial catch22 and virus had a new line up

its really hard to figure out what kind of sound to expect from the next album
But since Peter has PAIN going on right now, I think he will focus on more agressive tones rather than melodic. So I dont think we should expect another album 'a la Self Titled'

We also need to keep in mind that according to the interview of peter we saw lately, Mikael will have a bigger part in songwritting than ever

the best is, peter uses his "soft" musical side for pain and he doesn't make hypocrisy softer...
thats what i think is so sad about in flames, the new album is just soft, nothing compared to EVERY other if-album

i think because of virus and the catch-remake we can expect a good new album =)

and the re-release of catch, i bought it and got it the first day it came out here in germany =), however i think it's fuckin' awesome.
i liked the original catch, but the re-rls is so amazing, imo it fits the hypocrisy-sound a hundred percent

YES I HAVE JUST GOT CATCH 22 REMAKE THE VOCALS ARE AMAZING I HAVE TO ADMIT I WAS NOT LIKING THE IDEA OF IT THEN HEARD IT AND IT CHANGED MY MIND LETS HOPE THE KNEW ALBUM WILL HAVE THESE KILLER VOCALS!!

Nearly all the negative comments come from people who can't even speak a proper sentence. So I guess it is 10x better, hands down.

Nearly all the negative comments come from people who can't even speak a proper sentence. So I guess it is 10x better, hands down.

Maybe you cant fucking read, too
I so wish people could be a lil less fanboyish around here

PETER DID EASY MONEY WITH CATCH 22 REMAKE

he sells it for the same price, for 5% of the work
No songwritting to do, no rehearsals, no lyrics to learn by heart, only to growl and to tweak a couple of equalizers. Peter is an intelligent man and he developped a cunning sense for buiseness, he knew that after about 3 years Hypocrisy fans would be hungry as hell, so it was perfect timing for him to make amends for an album he thought was below Hypocrisy quality standards (according to the fans)

So?
Very little work, good sales garanteed

Of course it is wayyyyyy easier to say OH! PETER IS GOD, THIS IS SO GOOD, I CANT BELIEVE IT OMG, secretly hoping that Peter would read that post and invite you to tour with them as the bands new best friend

:err:

my advise:

Stay sharp and keep your head on your shoulders.
Stay objective as much as its possible, and dont be too quick to put the 'GODLY' tag on everything, even on stuff comming from your fav artists and your biggest influences

ps : this is, again, my opinion

pps : yes, Peter IS god :p

And yes his vocals destroy everyone in the entire scene, and hence the reason why this new remake is fucking good.

Maybe you cant fucking read, too
I so wish people could be a lil less fanboyish around here

PETER DID EASY MONEY WITH CATCH 22 REMAKE

he sells it for the same price, for 5% of the work
No songwritting to do, no rehearsals, no lyrics to learn by heart, only to growl and to tweak a couple of equalizers. Peter is an intelligent man and he developped a cunning sense for buiseness, he knew that after about 3 years Hypocrisy fans would be hungry as hell, so it was perfect timing for him to make amends for an album he thought was below Hypocrisy quality standards (according to the fans)

So?
Very little work, good sales garanteed

Of course it is wayyyyyy easier to say OH! PETER IS GOD, THIS IS SO GOOD, I CANT BELIEVE IT OMG, secretly hoping that Peter would read that post and invite you to tour with them as the bands new best friend

:err:

my advise:

Stay sharp and keep your head on your shoulders.
Stay objective as much as its possible, and dont be too quick to put the 'GODLY' tag on everything, even on stuff comming from your fav artists and your biggest influences

ps : this is, again, my opinion

pps : yes, Peter IS god :p

i like the re-release because imo it fits hypocrisy more then the original, he deserves the 20% of the money the label wants for it...

i don't put the godly tag on it, but i really like it.
i'm nobody that likes everything my fav. artists do, for example the new in flames-album... i think its crap. i know what you mean when you say you don't like those people. i just want do make clear that i'm none of them :Smokin:
but interesting opinion anyway =)

Nowhere to run was released on Nuclear blast compilation few years ago, and I uploaded it about 2 years ago on this forum...this song is one of the best Hypo song I've ever heard...so simple, yet so strong...strange, but kinda reminds me on song Watch out from Virus :headbang: