cd collection

NineFeetUnderground said:
im not asking you to listen to what i listen to. But it wouldnt kill you to explore the world of music a little bit more than settling for the likes of Korn, Slipknot, Soulfly and Rob Zombie?

for further exploration of personal low standards...please visit the "i let my gf hear opeth" thread on here.
I think you need to look at my list a little closer there... I think I explore just about every sub-genre that Hard Rock/Metal has to offer. You may be talking about other genres of music entirely (I.E. Blues, Jazz, etc.,etc.) but I listed EVERY band I own a CD from. I posted my list warts and all. Not one of the bands you listed out of my list are even CLOSE to a favorite band. Not that you really care but my top five bands of all time are as follows.

1. Led Zeppelin
2. ANYTHING Ronnie James Dio has ever been a part of.
3. Opeth
4. Tool
5. Slayer

I am 28 years old and have been listening to Hard Rock/ Metal for over 20 years, since I started very young. I don't choose to listen to bands based on what "genre" they are in unlike alot of people. The bands you chose to list stating that I should "explore the world of music" are all VERY mainstream bands. I am aware of that and like I said none of them are even close to a favorite. I think you need to look at my list again ( There are more there now since I just got home and realized I missed a ton of them.) and tell me that is not a diverse collection. I think it is.

Triumphant Apostle said:
I think you need to look at my list a little closer there... I think I explore just about every sub-genre that Hard Rock/Metal has to offer. You may be talking about other genres of music entirely (I.E. Blues, Jazz, etc.,etc.) but I listed EVERY band I own a CD from. I posted my list warts and all. Not one of the bands you listed out of my list are even CLOSE to a favorite band. Not that you really care but my top five bands of all time are as follows.

1. Led Zeppelin
2. ANYTHING Ronnie James Dio has ever been a part of.
3. Opeth
4. Tool
5. Slayer

I am 28 years old and have been listening to Hard Rock/ Metal for over 20 years, since I started very young. I don't choose to listen to bands based on what "genre" they are in unlike alot of people. The bands you chose to list stating that I should "explore the world of music" are all VERY mainstream bands. I am aware of that and like I said none of them are even close to a favorite. I think you need to look at my list again ( There are more there now since I just got home and realized I missed a ton of them.) and tell me that is not a diverse collection. I think it is.

Dont get me wrong, im not tearing your list apart, you listed some quality bands on there. I just dont think theres enough time in the day with all the music out there to just sit and listen to metal and hard rock all day...especially bands like korn, rob zombie, soulfly, slipknot, etc. thats all i was getting at.