CDC chat today?

It really pains me to say this but...I'm starting to feel the same way. I've been a loyal fan of this band for a long time now, and they won't even tell me who the singer is unless I give them $30!:rolleyes: Not to mention all the pointless arguments that this has started. I'm coming close to giving up on it.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe that the band has the right to hire anybody they see fit to sing for them, but if you're giving an official answer to the question anyway, why not just tell everyone? We'll find out eventually anyway, so why is it still such a secret to those of us who can barely afford their internet connections. Sorry to have to admit this, but I don't have ANY extra money to give Anthrax. I buy their albums/CD's, I buy their concert tickets, and I buy their T-shirts...isn't this enough to prove my loyalty? How about the countless arguments I've gotten into over the reunion? I've backed this band 100% and I feel as if they could care less about me, just because I don't have an extra $30 to spend on them.
Maybe I'm just tired!:lol:

You're not tired, you speak truth. To give somebody 30 bucks only for one information, that sounds pretty far-fetched to me!
BTW If you decide to join the CDC, Charlie could buy a new toy for Xmas for your money, so think about it! :Smug:

It really pains me to say this but...I'm starting to feel the same way. I've been a loyal fan of this band for a long time now, and they won't even tell me who the singer is unless I give them $30!:rolleyes: Not to mention all the pointless arguments that this has started. I'm coming close to giving up on it.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe that the band has the right to hire anybody they see fit to sing for them, but if you're giving an official answer to the question anyway, why not just tell everyone? We'll find out eventually anyway, so why is it still such a secret to those of us who can barely afford their internet connections. Sorry to have to admit this, but I don't have ANY extra money to give Anthrax. I buy their albums/CD's, I buy their concert tickets, and I buy their T-shirts...isn't this enough to prove my loyalty? How about the countless arguments I've gotten into over the reunion? I've backed this band 100% and I feel as if they could care less about me, just because I don't have an extra $30 to spend on them.

Couldn't agree with you more. I just cannot help but feel that the passion for making music as a band has died, and the only real reason the band exists now is $$$$.

I'm sure the band would tell me I'm wrong on this one, but I don't want to have to pay $30 for them to tell me that either! :lol:

You're not tired, you speak truth. To give somebody 30 bucks only for one information, that sounds pretty far-fetched to me!
BTW If you decide to join the CDC, Charlie could buy a new toy for Xmas for your money, so think about it! :Smug:

OK, now I'm scared...Jack and I agree on something!:lol:

They're not asking for you to pay for an answer. There is NO official statement in the CDC or anywhere.
I don't know why everyone's bashing Charlie and Scott. If they could give an answer, i'm sure they would. Do you think they're enjoying all the bullshit it's creating?

I don't know why everyone's bashing Charlie and Scott.

I've defended Charlie and Scott to the point where I look like a blithering idiot in many peoples eyes.Im tired of it. I've blindly backed them up for the last two years due to my love of their music, and all it's gotten me is argument after argument. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a fan of their music, but due to all of this "SecretSquirell" bullshit, I'm very close to calling it a day with this message board. Why is there no official announcement? It's been two years!

I've defended Charlie and Scott to the point where I look like a blithering idiot in many peoples eyes.Im tired of it. I've blindly backed them up for the last two years due to my love of their music, and all it's gotten me is argument after argument. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a fan of their music, but due to all of this "SecretSquirell" bullshit, I'm very close to calling it a day with this message board. Why is there no official announcement? It's been two years!

The right time for joining the RBC forum... :lol:

:lol: :lol: I was totally kidding about Scott giving away the "secret" in the chat!
Holy Shit! It was a fucking joke! When Anthrax can tell us what's going on, they will.
Until then, GET A FUCKING LIFE!! :) I don't mean to yell, I love you all, but for fuck's sake...

:lol: :lol: I was totally kidding about Scott giving away the "secret" in the chat!
Holy Shit! It was a fucking joke! When Anthrax can tell us what's going on, they will.
Until then, GET A FUCKING LIFE!! :) I don't mean to yell, I love you all, but for fuck's sake...

Poor Mikey! :lol:

Your dead on bro, I gotta be honest I only come here becuase I like some of the people. People who paid to join the CDC last year? Was it really worth it? What did you gain? A chance to meet a band that will only meet you if you pay to meet them? Access to inside info that everybody got anyway? Seriously?
Why do people still give off about the CDC? So what if you feel that you don't want to spend $30 to join up "just for information". Many of us there, didn't sign up for just the information. I certainly didn't. Was it worth it? Yes, it was. It would have been great had Thrax come to Ireland after I joined, maybe I would have got to meet them, but they didn't. So what? Access to info that everbody got anyway? So what? Most of the time the info was posted here BEFORE the CDC. Do I go bitchin about it? No. We are a part of the Anthrax Fan Club. Most bands who have fan clubs CHARGE for the privilege, so I had now qualms spending my $30 to join up. I've met some really cool people there, and that means more to me than thirty fucking bucks!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't got the money. Don't join. If you dont want to get the chance to meet the band. Don't join. If you want to wait for the info to surface somewhere else, fine. Just don't bitch about it. I've supported this band since 1985, Spreading The Disease was the first album I bought. I've bought everything since, sometimes on multiple formats, imports, picture disks etc etc etc. I've seen the band 10 times, I've bought t-shirts, and now I've joined the fan club. I don't really care for the reunion anymore, and would rather see Bush back, but Anthrax have always, and always will be my favourite band, and get this. THEY OWE ME NOTHING. They'll tell everyone whats happening, in their own good time. Thats fine by me. What did we do before the internet? We got small snippets of news in Kerrang etc. Thats the trouble with the internet these days. Everyone thinks the band owes them something. Just cos Scott posts on here from time to time, doesn't mean he has to tell everyone the bands personal/legal business.

I'm pissed off after a long night in work. I'm tired, and irritable. Rant over.

Reactions: Social Distortion

Take this for what it's worth but your pimping a fan club for a band your not in.

Hey kettle, meet pot.

, and get this. THEY OWE ME NOTHING. They'll tell everyone whats happening, in their own good time. Thats fine by me. What did we do before the internet? We got small snippets of news in Kerrang etc. Thats the trouble with the internet these days. Everyone thinks the band owes them something. Just cos Scott posts on here from time to time, doesn't mean he has to tell everyone the bands personal/legal business.

Hmm...where have I heard that before...oh yeah, I said it a couple of days ago! I'm well aware that they owe ME nothing.:rolleyes: Then again, I owe THEM nothing as well. And by the way, Scott dosn't post here from time to time anymore, probably because he was tired of reading all of the reunion bashing John vs. Joey threads.

Why is anyone still pissed about the CDC? Tell me you dont buy concert shirts. For almost the same money you get a shirt and some other nifty crap plus you get to bullshit with some very cool people. It is not a big rip off. There is no "pay to be fan" scam going on here. the cost of joining probably doesnt leave much profit after the stuff you get and site maint etc. I mean if it was some outrageous amount I could see being pissed but c'mon people. Its under $30. Rant over........ yeah I know... good.

Why is anyone still pissed about the CDC? Tell me you dont buy concert shirts. For almost the same money you get a shirt and some other nifty crap plus you get to bullshit with some very cool people. It is not a big rip off. There is no "pay to be fan" scam going on here. the cost of joining probably doesnt leave much profit after the stuff you get and site maint etc. I mean if it was some outrageous amount I could see being pissed but c'mon people. Its under $30. Rant over........ yeah I know... good.

I joined the CDC against my better judgement for the first year. I have to say it was just as crap as every other fan club Anthrax has had since Paul(?) quit the old NFC. It's probably because I (like many others long term fans on here) am just a bit too old for fan clubs. Also, it's pretty painful paying good money to watch the death throes of what has been my favourite band for almost 20 years. Perhaps they should have bowed out gracefully after WCFYA instead of pissing all over their legacy?