cd's

Indeed they are 6!! ZZ Top is the shit! :headbang: Especially in the hot weather. Climb in the car open the roof and play yourself some classic ZZ Top!!

Haw, haw, haw.

p015.gif
n020.gif

JonnyD said:
I like the New Brainstorm .... it doesnt capture their live energy at all IMO

I don't have the new one, but I'm not crazy about Brainstorm on disc. Live...... that is a different story. If I went to see ten metal shows, I don't know if I would be able see a band that good live. There were in a zone.

Bryant

sixxswine said:
Fuck, you know what? I haven't even cracked that fucker open. Yeah, Symphorce didn't rule my universe, we'll see, we'll see...

I like Brainstorm just fine. I like them in anticipation of hearing the material live while not overly impressed with the sound on disc. If that makes sense.

I just got my first bit of Symphorce yesterday (Phorceful Ahead, Twice Second) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they stack up against Brainstorm.

In the same load I got Circus Maximus and Scariot. Scariot was on a suggestion from a friend since the lead vocalist is the same as Communic.

I also picked up the new Evergrey DVD. It's as good as advertised so far. I'll be busy with that one for a while. :)

Hope I didn't hijack the thread too badly...

Wheezer said:
I like Brainstorm just fine. I like them in anticipation of hearing the material live while not overly impressed with the sound on disc. If that makes sense.

Makes sense to me. I feel the same. :)

Wheezer said:
I just got my first bit of Symphorce yesterday (Phorceful Ahead, Twice Second) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they stack up against Brainstorm.

Even thought they have the same singer, I like Symphorce a lot better than Brainstorm. I think Brainstorm sounds to much like Euro power metal to me.

Wheezer said:
In the same load I got Circus Maximus and Scariot. Scariot was on a suggestion from a friend since the lead vocalist is the same as Communic.

Circus Maximus is being praise highly in the progressive metal scene at the moment, but I can not say I am impressed.

I do like Scariot but regard Communic a much better band.
I am very impressed with "Conspiracy In Mind" its one of my favorite albums of this year.

Wheezer said:
I also picked up the new Evergrey DVD. It's as good as advertised so far. I'll be busy with that one for a while. :)

carnut wanted to check out that DVD. I am not that much of an Evergrey freak. But I am curious about it. If its good I might get it myself

Wheezer said:
Hope I didn't hijack the thread too badly...

If you did then I am now your partner in crime :D

Hawk said:
Even thought they have the same singer, I like Symphorce a lot better than Brainstorm. I think Brainstorm sounds to much like Euro power metal to me.

After a few listens I'm liking the Symphorce better too. If they can do as well live as Brainstorm... I'll find out in September in Atlanta.

Hawk said:
Circus Maximus is being praise highly in the progressive metal scene at the moment, but I can not say I am impressed.

Yeah, I don't get it either. The blatant Symphony X rip offs bug me a bit. I know of others that recognize that but it doesn't bother them. I think it's a very strong disc for a first effort but the praise they're getting is a bit too much, IMHO.

Hawk said:
I do like Scariot but regard Communic a much better band.
I am very impressed with "Conspiracy In Mind" its one of my favorite albums of this year.

So far I like them both quite a bit.

Hawk said:
carnut wanted to check out that DVD. I am not that much of an Evergrey freak. But I am curious about it. If its good I might get it myself

From the point of view of someone who is a fan but not a fanatic: I think it's quite good. I got the extra special version on advice from a friend. It's a complete package with all the extras. The behind the scenes could have been a little less revealing in spots. :) I haven't checked out all the extras yet (6.5 hours worth). The live show is a very good example of what to expect from their live show. It was well worth the $27 I spent. Of course I'm a sucker for a live show -- recorded or in person.

Hawk said:
If you did then I am now your partner in crime :D

:D Maybe we ought to have a "My latest haul" thread.

Bryant said:
I don't have the new one, but I'm not crazy about Brainstorm on disc. Live...... that is a different story. If I went to see ten metal shows, I don't know if I would be able see a band that good live. There were in a zone.

Bryant

Its not a bad listen really and at $13.99 its really worth the price ... its a Great Power Metal Album tho it still doesnt capture their live Magic ... Theyre were one of the top bands at PPV IMO only seconded by Tad Morose who Blew the roof off the place :headbang: .... Wuthering Heights was Impressive too and I have Fallen in love with Dreamscape in the past few months ... but um yeah ... what was the topic? :D

Hawk said:
Exzactly! :D Symphorce is more exciting and has more energy IMO ofcourse

Hawk said:
They dont do alot for me either their not bad and I will surely enjoy them live :cool:

Wheezer said:
After a few listens I'm liking the Symphorce better too. If they can do as well live as Brainstorm... I'll find out in September in Atlanta.

it took me about 2 listens to Love Symphorce hahaha and I got them without hearing a note all I knew was they had the same singer as Brainstorm, so I bought it prolly like 2 weeks after Progpower and proceded to get the rest of their stuff I personally like Sintuary Best just cause HOLY SIN fucking ROCKS!!!! so Yeah I am hoping they do well at PP I think they will.