Celestion G12T & Vintage 30?

Vovus

May 7, 2008
Hello :)
What speaker is a better suit for recording metal through the 4x12 cabinet?
Some people say, that Vintage is better and have round sound and have good lows too, and some people say, that G12T is the best speakers for the metal, they have good low end and screaming highs. . Who can tell the difference and which is better suit for metal recording?

Thanks for the answer :)
Forget to say : I'm seaking for tone, that has mondo low end and smooth highs, like Zyklon or Emperor (Prometheus)

Why not get a 4X12 and do an X pattern with V30s and 75s? That's what I'm going to do. You get a mixed tone live, and for recording you can mic up both speakers and see which you like more.

I have a Bogner Uberkab, which is two V30 and two G12T75 in "X pattern". Sounds absolutely incredible !!! You have to try that. It sounds darker/less high mids than an all-V30 cab but the low end is so huge and tight, I love that :D

My Ideal cab would be v30/ G12K-100 X pattern. I prefer the G12K over the 75, its meatier and fuller sounding, but still slightly scooped.

Great :) I prefered to mix G12K with Vintage 30 , but don't know how it would sound, mix in one cab, but now, I can see, that idea is really good :)

Just want to know, will G12K sound with equal loudness whith Vintage 30 in one cab, or one of the speaker is louder at the same amp volume?

Great :) I prefered to mix G12K with Vintage 30 , but don't know how it would sound, mix in one cab, but now, I can see, that idea is really good :)

Just want to know, will G12K sound with equal loudness whith Vintage 30 in one cab, or one of the speaker is louder at the same amp volume?

Nah, that won't be a problem.

gorath23 - good :) so i do, hope powerball will do maxiumum with 2xVintage+2xG12K

Thanks to all, for the posting :)

Can anyone describe speaker G12K-100 ? and what is the difference with vintage 30, but low end ?
or
Have someone soundclips of this two speakers ?

V30 - tight but not massive low end, hi mid hump, smooth highs

G12K - huge low end (check the magnet!!), slightly scooped mids, highs aren't quite as smooth as the v30.

Lead 80 looks good :) hope G12K and Lead 80 aren't have such bad buzz on highs, as Sheffield 1200...
so, what is the difference between lead 80 and g12k in sound ?