G12T-75 vs Marshall Vintage speakers vs v30s...

Frankzappaisgod

New Metal Member
Dec 7, 2007
I recently just bought a 2nd hand cabinet on craigslist for shits and grins to fill out my fullstack. I have 4x of each speaker available. Currently my slant cab has all v30's in it. The bottom cab came with all G12T-75's. I can either do X-patterns in either cabinet, or replace my bottom cabinet with all marshall vintage speakers. Currently I think for recording I only need one cabinet and live I probably will only hear my top cabinet anyway. I can just mic the top one up live too.

I've got two Marshall cabs, one slant and one straight. The slant has English G12T75 speakers, and the straight has Chinese G12T75s. After trying several cabs with V30s in them in my room, I wouldn't be terribly upset if all eight of my speakers were stolen and replaced with V30s at night. They just make more sense for my music.

The way that cabinets are, I don't get X patterns or anything, unless it's for recording. They will sound entirely different to a person if they change where they're standing by millimeters, but with recording, you get that one mic position on one speaker, but all four speakers contribute to the sound.

I say that if you haven't heard a straight cab with all V30s in it, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. It's mind-blowing how thick it is. I'd put the V30s in the straight cab.

I've got two Marshall cabs, one slant and one straight. The slant has English G12T75 speakers, and the straight has Chinese G12T75s. After trying several cabs with V30s in them in my room, I wouldn't be terribly upset if all eight of my speakers were stolen and replaced with V30s at night. They just make more sense for my music.

The way that cabinets are, I don't get X patterns or anything, unless it's for recording. They will sound entirely different to a person if they change where they're standing by millimeters, but with recording, you get that one mic position on one speaker, but all four speakers contribute to the sound.

I say that if you haven't heard a straight cab with all V30s in it, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. It's mind-blowing how thick it is. I'd put the V30s in the straight cab.

Wow dude. I just put the v30s in the straight cabinet and tested it (just one cabinet only). I am amazed at the difference between straight/angled.

Yeah. Dudes like Zakk Wylde only use straight cabs for the enormity of the sound.

Now, don't get rid of the G12T75s, because they've got a lot more bite to them. That's the classic Marshall sound right there.