Cellador being compared to Dragonforce

The members of cellador used to post on the Dargonforce forum alot before Cellador got big... long before inhuman Rampage was out, which makes the point about them not being influenced because DF hadn't become popular by then nill and void.

Cellador used to post their home recordings all over the DF forum in a way that was like "We really respect dragonforce, you guys love dragonforce, You'll love us." etc... Basically, it's the typical thing, they were heavily influenced by DF. Now they're actually big, which back in the day didn't seem like it was going to happen, as they were just nerdy Powermetal fans like the rest of us, they expect to be shown more respect than they were used to when they were starting and they were just another powermetal band playing very very fast songs. To be honest, if they'd have stayed more underground there wouldn't have been much of a problem but they seemed to get a big push into the lime light and they ended up looking like A7X riding the Dragonforce band wagon... a winning formula... Sorry to say (I do accept cellador are far superior to A7X by the way).

WHOA WHOA WHOA calling me a power metal nerd!!!! Come on man are you serious?!?! Lol, don't get me wrong I like my fair share of power metal bands, but I am no means a nerd. HAHA.. I am a hardcore melodic/death fan. I'm sure that contributes to the reason of Cellador being so fast. Its just so damn fun. It's not terrible being compared to Dragonforce, because they are becoming quite popular, but it is truthfully in terms of speed.

But none-the-less it is great that we are gaining so many fans.

I'd have to say if anybody here can headbang to Dragonforce, Powerquest, or Cellador you're a pretty big nerd. :cool:

Ok I am a huge fan of power metal and DF owes a BIG thank you to Edguy, Hammerfall, Helloween, Dream Evil, Epica, Kamelot, Rhapsody etc. etc. etc. However though their melodies and shit are DEFINITELY power metal, I find their frontman is a DEAD ringer to Bruce Dickenson, which means I am an instant fan. Especially Bruce's Tyranny of Souls album.

Cellador is great, and though I don't like Trivium anymore I do find that they don't like themselves either. There is really no explanation for their constant transformation, they are tired of the screamo kids doing karati kicks to their music and that gives me respect for them. Once Heafy reaches puberty their band will grow immensely and figure out what it means to play shit that REALLY gives me a hardon.

Were you sleepy?

actually i think i was. having said that i still stand by my sentiments that i have to either be really in the mood for maiden or really drunk. the thing is the classics are amazing but ive heard them so much in my life i just cant willingly listen to them anymore. and the songs that arnt classics (namely the last 3 albums) just do actually make me yawn. no offence to maiden! Personally I think priest are the true heroes of British Old Skool Metal. lol.

I like Judas priest but if I listen to iron maiden and then priest I can't really listen to it and i go back to iron maiden because in my opinion it is better. My favorite is Dio though

Part of it is because to a lot of ignorant and more trendy american music journalists/listeners, Dragonforce is one of the few power metal bands they have even heard of and can name drop. The other part is because they DO borrow from DragonForce, who had an established sound by their first album, and bands like Power Quest also borrowed from them. Just listen to "forever unbound" and tell me that isn't straight up dragonforce influence there. It is a sound very different than the rawer, classic power metal, a bit more streamlined and insanely melodic, but ridiciulously fast yet not neo-classical. Cellador do have more raw, helloween and grave digger influence however. It think its the combination of those two influences and there own style that set them apart.