Celtic Frost - recommendations

Godhead59

Dim Sam
Jun 6, 2006
Harlequin Forest
The search function brought too many unrelated results.

So. All of you who know a bit of Celtic Frost - other than To Mega Therion, what albums would you most recommend, and why?

Monotheist, their latest album, is one of the most intriguing metal albums i've ever heard, i find something new each time i listen to it. It's like a fusion of their characteristic thrashy style with plenty of monster doom/drone riffs. I'd say it's pretty adventurous, with some weird eerie synths, female vox, and other tasteful experiments . Fuck what some critics said about it, it's a fucking amazing album and its dense atmosphere really sucks you in, trust me.

Monotheist, their latest album, is one of the most intriguing metal albums i've ever heard, i find something new each time i listen to it. It's like a fusion of their characteristic thrashy style with plenty of monster doom/drone riffs. I'd say it's pretty adventurous, with some weird eerie synths, female vox, and other tasteful experiments . Fuck what some critics said about it, it's a fucking amazing album and its dense atmosphere really sucks you in, trust me.

qft eos

everytime I put in Monotheist it feels like a ton of bricks just fell on me, it's that crushing.
or it makes me want to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger (not because it sucks or anything)

Here's how it makes me feel >>> :cry:

Their most influential release is Into The Pandemonium I think.That release is the milestone for '90s forthcoming metal genres.

To Mega Therion is my favorite.

Morbid Tales,Into the Pandemonium, and Vanity/Nemesis. I found Monotheist really boring not caring for it all and besides it's not really a Celtic Frost record.

To Mega Therion is my favorite.

Morbid Tales,Into the Pandemonium, and Vanity/Nemesis. I found Monotheist really boring not caring for it all and besides it's not really a Celtic Frost record.

Fischer and Ain were Celtic Frost. Therefore, it's a Celtic Frost record. It's just different from anything they've ever done, and it was the best comeback album I've ever heard imoafaik. It's just crushing.