Celtic Frost redux.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I'm not a big fan...I'm not a fan of CF. I only have their compilation "Parched With Thirst Am I And Dying", plus a tribute and of course the Hellhammer - "Apocalyptic Raids" album (pre-CF).

Nevertheless I have always accepted the huge importance of CF as a pioneer in both thrash and black metal, and I like the vocals of Tom G. Warrior so I was never deterred from their music like some other outfits on the same vein.

As many must know Tom formed a band called Appolyon's Sun (featuring Mark Edelman from Coroner on drums) and now he's trying to reactivate Celtic Frost. I hadn't follow much the info due to the fact that I'm waiting for more tangible stuff, well here it is.

Some of you remember the 'Ground' song that was in the Internet some time ago. Now the band rehearsed it and recorded it again (frankly I don't notice the difference with the sampler).
I must say I like it, a I like it before. Is heavy, is doomy, is great!

Check it out:

http://www.celticfrost.com/Groundrehearsal.mp3

His voice does sound different, but it also sounded different in 'Big Sky' on the Probot album.

Good song, at the end the chorus gets a bit boring. Definitly CF sound, but the vocals are different, I liked the old Tom voice more (missing that awesome growl "ugh" kinda thing)....