Celtic Frost

Enjoy Celtic Frost - Monotheist?

• Yeah! UNGH!

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Unsure, I haven't quite got into it yet.

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • I hate this shit! Give me my classic CF back!

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I hate it so much that Cold Lake sounds better.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
So I know many of you probably have either never heard this band or don't care for them. However, for those of you who DO like CF, what do you think of Monotheist if you've had a chance to hear it? I'm sticking a poll up as well but I would like to hear actually critique on it as well if possible.

Personally, at first I wasn't digging it, but now I'm really starting to enjoy it. It's got the old CF sound but it's as if they mixed MT/TMT with some doom sounds. I find it really enjoyable now, but I can see where people might not like it because it isn't as raw sounding as the early albums.

Justin

Monotheist isn't bad but I prefer the original Celtic Frost stuff.... They put on one hell of a show at Jaxx however.... Even started with my favorite CF tune Procreation (Of the Wicked)....:kickass:

Mosquito said:
Personally, at first I wasn't digging it, but now I'm really starting to enjoy it. It's got the old CF sound but it's as if they mixed MT/TMT with some doom sounds. I find it really enjoyable now, but I can see where people might not like it because it isn't as raw sounding as the early albums.

That's pretty much word-for-word how I would describe it

dcowboys311 said:
I'm not really a fan of the new album at all.

On the one set list I've seen from this tour, they were actually only playing one or two tunes from the new disc; looked like everything else was from TMT, MT, and ITP.

DemonOfTheWoods said:
my favorite is still Vanity Nemesis. and lots of people give me shit for that.

I really like that one, as well :headbang:

One of the channels on Sirius had an interview with them a few months back and it might have been one of the best rock band interviews, ever. I think these guys kick ass and will be seeing them again on the 24th in Fort Lauderdale!
:headbang:

I'm catching Arsis at Under the Couch - Georgia Tech's music venue - the same night as Celtic Frost, so I haven't even bothered to buy the new album...

So the point of this post was to brag about Arsis on campus, basically. We are more kvlt than South Carolina anyday.

I like the new one but it still does not compare to the first 3 records....

I remember them from the 80s and i saw their new video the other night, looks and sounds like a completely different band. I wasn't a fan back then and aint now. And by the way when did they "become" anti-christian? Or is that just a gimmick they are using now?

mtndewqueen88 said:
I'm catching Arsis at Under the Couch - Georgia Tech's music venue - the same night as Celtic Frost, so I haven't even bothered to buy the new album...

So the point of this post was to brag about Arsis on campus, basically. We are more kvlt than South Carolina anyday.

eff you buddy.

mtndewqueen88 said:

Well, that'd clearly be a mistake, as Frost haven't toured the US in what, 20 years?

I've seen Arsis twice in Georgia in the last 4 months and they'll be in Columbia, SC on Halloween....