Celtic music

Folklore

Orphaned Avi (not drumer)
Sep 18, 2002
Israel
www.orphaned-land.co.il
is anyone here into celtic music? if so, who are your favorite Celtic artists?
mine are Loreena McKennitt, Enya, Susan McKeown, maire brennan (pity her lyrics are too chriatian...), noirin ni riain, clannad, pentangle and Anuna (unbelieveable! celtic and gregorian gothic thing!).

well then, i think you should try the "afro-celt sound system" (tho i`m sure you know them) and Bad Haggis, both play cletic fusion.
noirin ni riain is an irish artists (i`m not 100% possitivly sure bout it...), she uses some hindi music as well! and it sounds wonderful!

Many Years ago i went to see Wolftones, bad idea it was more like an IRA rally.

A Irish Folk/Celtic band you may wish to check out is Cruichan(i think i have spelt this wrong)

You may like them.

hm they probably doesn't count as celtic, but their music is related anyway (at least i think so :)).
anyway the band i'm rambing about is dubliners, anyone else who' familiar with their music?
they rule :)

my Mum is a huge Dubliners fan, im sure she has some albums somewhere i will ask her , also what do you think of the Pogues?
and Shane Mcgowan and the popes?
that guy is mad i seen him getting thrown out a night club he had just played a gig in for being too drunk and unable to stand.

the pogues are sweet... has anyone ever heard of the irish folk/punk fusion band Dropkick Murphy's? they're from boston (where i live), and every year on st patrick's day they have this crazy hometown concert and everyone gets so incredibly wasted... ahh good times, good times...

Dropkick Murphy's are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how could i ever forgot mentioning them? i never knew they are from boston but i think its reasonable. the most celtic city in the states...