CEMETARY GATES BY DREAM THEATER LIVE

Actually, Petrucci's solo doesn't belong to Petrucci. It is Dimebag's solo. But i think Megadave just made it up on stage :) (i can't use the word "improvise" for this stuff :lol: )

You can elaborate on my comment to your hearts content as 'making fun of' or whatever but I sure as hell couldn't play what Mustaine did and I just found it slightly disconcerting that people would slate somebody's ten second slot as 'not up to standard' because he might not be as good as the fastest fucking guitarist on the planet.
...I love Dave, I think he kicked ass, and I love this video. But he just played poorly there. Chill the fuck out. This has nothing to do with prog snobs. Just because you couldn't play it doesn't make it awesome.

Awesome video, but it just didn't seem like Dave's solo fit in the song at all. (I do realize Petrucci's did because it was the actual one from Pantera.) I also don't care for the singer from Fear Factory.

I'm pretty sure Dream Theater could cover any song ever though...Pretty ridiculous.

Dream Theater should cover the entire thing of Karn Evil by ELP.

If they can.

"Welcome back my friends
To the show that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend,
Come inside, Come inside.

I wasn't complaining, I love his voice. It's just that his vocal performance on that song is actually amazing. Usually the cheesiness of his voice makes it less great but there was 0 cheese in that song, I was jaw-dropped.

ummmmmm, cheeezzzze! JLB rocks at times, but he aint my favoritist singer. Dream Theater does an awsome job covering this song, and I actually prefer it to the original - the mustaine solo which prog snob comments aside just wasn't mustaines top quality nore did it go with the song! Fear Factories singer is good for Fear Factory, but I kinda LOL'd at him for this song, especially when him and JLB dueted it, sounded so bad and the timming was off. However Allen PWNED my soul, i want him and JLB to do a solo album together 'a la battle'!

Nice cover :headbang: Allen is fuckin' awesome.

Petrucci looks like shit though... With a pair of red slippers he'd be :

Sonic1MD.jpg

Speaking of DT covers, I was thinking about this on my way to class and that I should praise to the high heavens how much I love Dream Theater's cover of the Pink Floyd album Dark Side of the Moon. It was absolutely beautiful.

I love Dave and believe he wrote some of the best songs in the 1990s, but his solo was terribly sloppy. the blues bends at the start weren't that bad but the fast picking afterwards sounded like shit. plus that last bend was pretty bad. he was never much of a lead player (despite some awesome leads done in the studio), and this performance really showed his crappiness.

his live voice sucks now as well but that's a different story.